Blink codes for HP dv5-1002nr (5796 Views)
Student
rickmc
Message 1 of 4 (5,796 Views)

Blink codes for HP dv5-1002nr

Trying to find a good link for the blink codes for my HP dv5-1002nr. All of the HP links I've tried are no good. Think my processor is fried but not sure. Computer will not boot up. Any ideas? Thanks.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 4 (5,753 Views)

Re: Blink codes for HP dv5-1002nr

this is the basic  HP guide

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

could you post the sequence

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Student
lmaczk1
Message 3 of 4 (5,723 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same computer and same error. When I turn on the computer the screen is blank and caps lock and num lock LEDs keep blinking. It blinks once every four seconds. According to the HP guide it looks like it is the CPU, but i have changed the CPU and still same problem. I already tried RAM, hard drive and I am afraid it might be the motherboard or graphics card. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 4 of 4 (5,701 Views)

at that point no many options left might try removing the Bios battery for a few minutes then re seating

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation