01-21-2011 04:55 AM
Trying to find a good link for the blink codes for my HP dv5-1002nr. All of the HP links I've tried are no good. Think my processor is fried but not sure. Computer will not boot up. Any ideas? Thanks.
01-21-2011 09:58 AM
this is the basic HP guide
could you post the sequence
01-25-2011 08:20 PM - edited 01-25-2011 08:21 PM
I have the same computer and same error. When I turn on the computer the screen is blank and caps lock and num lock LEDs keep blinking. It blinks once every four seconds. According to the HP guide it looks like it is the CPU, but i have changed the CPU and still same problem. I already tried RAM, hard drive and I am afraid it might be the motherboard or graphics card. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
01-26-2011 04:21 PM
at that point no many options left might try removing the Bios battery for a few minutes then re seating
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)