Question

Top Student
jspillers33
Message 1 of 4 (2,396 Views)

Blu Ray Dvd Player Software

I have a HP Compaq 6830s Notebook PC - running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit -- Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, BD-ROM, 17" WXGA+. It came with a blu ray compatible dvd player. I just installed Windows 7 and I do NOT have a media player that let's me play Blu Ray Dvds. Where can I download free software to remedy this problem?

I want the software to be free and have no idea where to go.

Thanks a lot!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (2,368 Views)

Re: Blu Ray Dvd Player Software

jspillers33 wrote:

I have a HP Compaq 6830s Notebook PC - running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit -- Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, BD-ROM, 17" WXGA+. It came with a blu ray compatible dvd player. I just installed Windows 7 and I do NOT have a media player that let's me play Blu Ray Dvds. Where can I download free software to remedy this problem?

I want the software to be free and have no idea where to go.

Thanks a lot!

Freebie Blu-Ray software and players are in this search I did.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
jspillers33
Message 3 of 4 (2,350 Views)

Thanks for the post but your answer does not help at all. I can do a search simple enough but all of those are only a free 30 day trial. I had Intervideo WinDVD - DVD Player on my cpu when I used XP and I got that free on HP's website as a download. I wanted a similar solution that provides a 100 percent free blu ray dvd driver/player that is NOT a free trial.

HELP!

Thanks!

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 4 (2,338 Views)

Media Smart DVD is the only software (now) that HP supplies to play Blu-rays.

Here is a version that works, it is not the most recent version, but it has played all my Blu-ray's so far.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49489.exe Save the file to the desk top and do not install it.

Save 7-Zip to the desk top, run the 7-Zip and restart.

http://www.7-zip.org/ Make sure to pick the correct one 32 or 64 bit.

Left click on the Media Smart install file and choose "extract files" (with 7-Zip) click on that file and find "src".

Open that and find "SetUp" (it's the 6th one from the bottom). The "SetUp" file will begin the installation of MS DVD _ hopefully.

If you are running AVG anti virus software or Commodo Fire Wall, these two applications will have to be disabled before downloading and installing MS DVD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation