Question

Tutor
Janmajay
Message 1 of 12 (7,085 Views)

Bluetooth Not Working after upgrading to Windows 8.1

My Laptop is HP Pavilion G6 2015 tx after upgrade to windows 8.1, bluetooth is not working also the battery drain has increased anyone know a fix atleast for bluetooth problem ???

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 12 (7,080 Views)

Re: Bluetooth Not Working after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Hi:

Unfortunately, the BT v 3.0 radio on your Ralink wireless card is not compatible with either Windows 8 or W8.1.

There is no way to get it to work.

You may want to see if installing the latest chipset driver helps the battery issue.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&keyword=chipset+ins...

Tutor
Janmajay
Message 3 of 12 (7,070 Views)

Thanks for the reply Paul ............... accd to ur comment for my laptop Bluetooth shouldn't work on Windows 8 and 8.1 either ................ but the Bluetooth was working fine on Windows 8 :\ after the upgrade the problem has occured

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 12 (7,066 Views)

You're very welcome.

That is very interesting, because I didn't know of anyone who upgraded to W8.0 with a Ralink wireless card with the BT 3.0 radio that got the BT to work at all.

We tried the W7 drivers, and they didn't work.

That is why you don't see a W8 Ralink BT driver for the bluetooth on your PC's support and driver page amongst the other 11 drivers listed.

The Ralink 3.0 version of BT is not supported in W8.

While somehow the BT has worked in W8 for you, I'm afraid your luck has run out.

Unless by some fluke, HP installed a card with the BT 4.0 radio on your model...

You can try this W8 driver for the Ralink card with the BT 4.0 radio, but don't get your hopes up.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5229457&sp...

Tutor
Janmajay
Message 5 of 12 (7,061 Views)

Actually Paul I was using Intel/PRO set 2. something version earlier, don remember the exact version :smileytongue: ............ When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 my Bluetooth button was not even visible in PC Settings->PC and Devices -> Bluetooth, after updating from BT 2.0 to BT 3.0 the Bluetooth button do came back but doesn't help in connecting bluetooth anyways.  The same issue I faced when I upgraded to Win8 from Win7 the bluetooth wasn't working but updating the drivers it did worked for me ............ :smileysad: . What this means is I have to degrade to Win8 again :smileysad: :smileysad:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 12 (7,056 Views)

Hi:

So much for what the parts list says about what model wireless card is installed in your notebook!

It says your notebook came with a Ralink Wireless/BT combo card.

Try this W8.1 Intel BT software and driver from the new HP 430 G1 business notebook...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5379212&sp...

Student
keo_007kimsong
Message 7 of 12 (6,364 Views)

my pc is HP Pavilion  AMD G6-4400M CPU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics and RAM 6 GB. When i installed windows 8.1 Enterprise N version i can not find Bluetooth Driver Please help me !!!

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 8 of 12 (6,256 Views)

Hello keo_007kimsong,

Thank you for the information. I would like to assist you with trying to find the drivers for Bluetooth. I would need to  know the full model number of your computer. The model number that you have provided is not pulling up a computer for me. To confirm the model number, I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Student
sharusb
Message 9 of 12 (6,203 Views)

My HP Pavilion 15-e008tu Notebook PC not work Bluetooth please help me...
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 10 of 12 (6,126 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I have included the document 'Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 8)' this will go through the different options, and making sure that it connected properly. As well I have included the document 'Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 8)'. Please follow the information for Software and drivers installed, to make sure that the latest driver is installed for Bluetooth.

Please let me know if you are still having issue with connecting Bluetooth, thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation