Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how i can get this driver

Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver

HP Recommended

I followed your  guideline. Finally there appears a window giving warning that installation of the device driver is not recommended because Windows can not verify that it is compatible with my hardware. If installed my computer may be unstable or stop working at all. Now advise what to do?

HP Recommended

just click next. worked for me. compaq nc6400 win 7 ultimate.

HP Recommended

3bodd wrote:

here is the solution that i've just figured out:

1- go to device manager.

2- right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want.

3- select "Update Driver Software...".

4- choose "Browse my computer for driver software".

5- choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

6- select "Ports (COM & LPT)".

7- select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list.

8- finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

P.S. you may be asked to continue any way & you should do that!

hooray! problem solved :smileyhappy:

...... thanks for the instruction. it worked for my compaq nc6400, windows 7 ultimate......

HP Recommended

I solved the same problem with unrecognized BT devices like this: I found that these devices are suspected to have Qualcomm Atheros chipsets. So I looked for software for that chipset.

I found great driver on ASUS Support Page and chosed driver Qualcomm Atheros BlueTooth driver Version  V8.0.1.318. Than you can choose silent installation via "install" file or regular, prompted - with "Bluetooth Suite 32 / 64".
I choosed silent installation. After 3 minutes my device manager firstly showed 10 new unrecognized devices but every next few seconds it was discovering new device and making it described and wroking properly. After next few minutes ALL my unrecognized devices were correctly installed and placed in Windows device manager.

Looking for driver - be carefull, because there are few pages which calls drivers as "Qualcomm Bluetooth Suite" but in fact this is their own fake software installing any driver recognizing stuff from that companies... It was on driverguru or other page, I don't remember know, but I had to stop immediatelly such one installation previously when it showed that this is not Qualcomm's driver I was looking for.

HP Recommended
sadly i've been trying to resolve this for more than a month nw. I'm having sleepless nights trying to get the bluetooth back to its ORIGINAL condition. Even the above-mentioned method doesn't help me. I've even downloaded a newer version (Lenovo Bluetooth With Enhanced Data Rate Software 4.0) 214MB capacity n nothing helps still. Whenever i attempt the above-mentioned resolution which seems to have been successful to some mates here it just says ''windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device''. The bluetooth works fine when sending or recieving files.. I only encounter difficulties when trying to use my phone as a modem, playing music on my laptop using my phone, yes of course via Bluetooth connection and i'm nt no longer able to recieve calls using the bluetooth, which is something i used to do.i've also surfed on HP's official site and downloaded plenty drivers there bt the problem persists still. I'm confused nw.. Perhaps i deleted the Peripherals and enumerator accidentally bt now i really need help. Plz plz plz plz Heeelp *Crying*!
HP Recommended

Hi charles931. While I do not have any information about your system set up, I suspect if you have been through the 6 pages of troubleshooting on this thread, you may have to perform an HP Recovery back to factory defaults to repair the issue, if you are not experiencing hardware failure.

I do not expect that I can add much to this conversation, but I will need your basic system information to help. Please

What is the model or product number? What version of Windows is installed?

Guide to finding your product number
Which Windows operating system am I running?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
TwoPointOh 1st i'd like 2 say thanks 4 your response, i truly appreciate it. So i'm using an HP 620 laptop, with windows 7 Basic (32bit) running. whichever or whatever help u could suggest or offer...i'm willing to attempt it. At 1st i thought it's my phone that had a problem bt nah i've tried several various phone brands bt the problem won't stop, it says 1 n the samething. #crying
HP Recommended

Well charles931 I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since the HP 620 is a commercial product. You can click here for the link.

HP 620 Notebook PC Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
TwoPointOh i've just done that nw...hope somebody there is gna help me out . How do i restore my notebook's factory settings ? And hey even when i put a usb in to the usb slot it says exactly 1 n the same thing ''Device unsuccessfully installed'' bt the external mouse works perfectly fine n even the phone works fine with the USB cable. What could be the problem really?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.