Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Tadej:

Yes, Intel has removed the only working W7 x64 driver for the pentium and celeron N processors.

But I have good news...this one from the 250 G2 will work.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=6431933&sp...

That IMEI driver should have worked so there is something else wrong there.

See if performing the registry edits at the link below work for you.

http://mypchealth.co.uk/Blog/index.php?/archives/17-Missing-PCI-Serial-Port-Driver-and-PCI-Simple-Co...

HP Recommended

Try the PCI device driver directly from Realtek.  First one on the list.  That is for the card reader.

You are confusing me...your first post mentioned the Engine interface..the card reader driver (PCI Device) driver has nothing to do with the PCI Simple Communications Controller which is what the IMEI driver installs.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

I would need to have the hardware ID for the network controller to let you know what model wireless card you need.

Here is how to find the hardware ID:

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

Try this for the usb 3 driver...

Download and just unzip the Intel file I posted.  Don't run the exe.

Go to the device manager and click on the USB controller needing drivers.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

I only have the Network Controller problem now in the device manager as it seems.

Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00

I hope this should do.

Regards,

Tadej

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I don't think that bluetooth drivers will be neccessary.

It looks like my computer installed the Intel's Graphics Control Panel program since I have a desktop shortcut icon to it.

I can't open it as an executable file. Is that wrong?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

If the graphics is working, I would just delete the shortcut.

You can adjust any graphics stuff you need in the device manager.

HP Recommended

I dont see any difference in the graphics settings or any visual differences?

For example if I start the chess titans game (comes with the windows) It says that the game might work slow since i dont have any hardware acceleration or it isnt turned on. Ideas?

Sorry for going off topic a little bit but this might be the last issue I'm having.

Thank you for your support!

HP Recommended

Hi:

You did install Windows 7 64 bit correct?  Because W7 32 bit won't work on models with the Pentium or Celeron N processors.

It doesn't sound like the driver installed.

You may have to manually install it.

Run the driver file again if you deleted the file from the swsetup folder. 

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters category.

If the driver didn't install, you will see a Standard VGA Adapter listed there.

Click on that, and then click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp66213.  Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then reboot.

HP Recommended

That did it!

Thank you very much on your support, you seem like a wise man 🙂

Regards,

Tadej

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Thanks for the compliment.

Maybe I am wise about drivers at least.  :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.