Question
Bluetooth problems and Windows 8.1
Replies (26)

Top Student
Guido_CH
Message 11 of 27 (7,254 Views)

Re: Bluetooth problems and Windows 8.1

I bought last weekend a new Laptop: HP Envy Touchsmart 15-080-ez,  OS:  Win8 which I updated to 8.1 after 2 days. Since then I have the following problems

1st Problem:

Device manager shows exclamation mark for Ralink RT 3290 Bluetooth 01.

I have tried installing the original drivers from HP Recovery Manager and then the  latest bluetooth drivers from Ralink

sp64041,  sp63555, sp64156... Absolutely no luck. Always getting a bluescreen with automatic restart of the laptop (sometimes even with a lenghty repair session)

2nd Problem:

My Logitech V 470 bluetooth mouse shows up as active if I go to  - System control - Printers/Devices

but without Bluetooth it is of course inactive. If I try "Remove device" nothing happens. It stays there whatever I try. Maybe this is somehow related to the 1sth problem?

I hope you can help me to sort out the problems. HP Support Switzerland found no solution when I called them.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards from Zurich

Dean
Vidya
Message 12 of 27 (7,248 Views)

@Guido_CH

Please provide the hardware id of the bluetooth device with exclamation mark.

If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the search option of Charms Bar type devmgmt.msc. Select the resulted file in the left pane. This opens Device Manager.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
bfinnemore
Message 13 of 27 (7,244 Views)

Here is what I tried and so far it seems to have worked..... I inserted USB thumb drives in all 3 USB ports.  once they were all found and active, I clicked remove storage device on each one and removed them.  I then restarted my computer and bluetooth is restored and the Unknown USB error is now gone.  I don't know if this is a permanent fix but I am happy for now! :smileylol:

Spoiler

Student
pbcomput
Message 14 of 27 (7,236 Views)

ello Vidya, I am also having an issue with Bluetooth connection after update windows 8 to windows 8.1. Below are the details of my Bluetooth.

bluetooth.jpg

Please suggest me the appropriate drives for this.

Thanks.

Top Student
Guido_CH
Message 15 of 27 (7,206 Views)

Hi Vidya,

Thank you for helping. Here is the requested info I found on devmgmt.msc:

Hardware ID for the "Ralink_RT3290_Bluetooth_01" on my HP Envy TS 15 j080ez  is

USB\VID_148F&PID_3298&REV_0000080

kind regards,

Guido

(ps: just curious: why does it say USB ?)

Top Student
Guido_CH
Message 16 of 27 (7,204 Views)

Hi Vidya,

sorry for the typing error.

correct value is:

USB\VID_148F&PID_3298&REV_0000

rgds,Guido

Top Student
Guido_CH
Message 17 of 27 (7,183 Views)

Knock knock... Hi you experts out there. Any ideas how to get this bluethooth device up and running?

Student
Bambata23
Message 18 of 27 (7,152 Views)

Good afternoon, there was a problem, I have a HP Pavilion dv7-6b02er, it was installed windows 7 and everything worked, I installed yesterday and now windows  8 button does not work all the time Wi fi is red, and the keys do not work near as before, please help! Thank you!

cya Honor Student
Honor Student
cya
Message 19 of 27 (7,090 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have hp probook 450 with win 8 now installed. Also havih issues with bluetooth, tried mediatek drivers tried drivers from hp site so far no luck. Also i tried to downgrade to win 7 but drivers for graphic won't work...

dev1.PNG

Now i have win 8.1 x64 pro. Every driver now that i want to install goes like this:

run setup, bunch popup window during install and i left opened devce manager window with problematic ralink device.

When setup finishes device reports that"This device is working properly." and few seconds (3 max) i got BSOD with error system thread exception not handled or something like that, and restart.

Any chance for fix???

Thanks in advance dev1.PNG

so far losing hope...

cya Honor Student
Honor Student
cya
Message 20 of 27 (7,029 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation