Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

one months before i byed hp w8 laptop in best bye in usa, but some days work. after windows not open . i power on this meassage was comeing.  boot device not found, please install an operating system on your hard disk. hard disk <3f0>. f2 system diognostics to visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup. i went the web i try to open the laptop window not open , what i do , i need open details,

HP Recommended

Hello,

The 3f0 error message you're receiving means the Hard Drive is bad and needs to be replace. You can also test the Hard Drive again through the BIOS. Here is a document that shows you how to test the HDD. 

Once you test the HDD please let me know the outcome. 

Here is a video showing you how to remove the HDD:

Could you please give me the full model name and number for the notebook that you have? 

Now, once I receive the product number I will give you the repair guide and also show you what HDD you can replace this one with.

If you have any more questions let me know.

THX

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this, that helped me a lot ! :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you everyone for the help.I ended up having to replace hard drive.Really unhappy about that since L.T. was only two years old.

HP Recommended

No problem. If you guys need anything else please let me know.

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

THX

HP Recommended

what can i do its said boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk but i dont have no disk please help me

HP Recommended
how can i do minds
HP Recommended

Hello Angelprico59,

You state you are not able to boot getting a message stating “Boot device not found”, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

What is the full make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I have a ProBook 4530s Notebook.  no matter what I try it always kicks me back to the system diagnostics menu where every test fails. how do I get to the hdd drive?  Thanks in advance for what ever help you can give.

HP Recommended

The laptop is a HP Pavilion g4 (HP Pavilion g series)

Regards,

Harry Marais

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.