Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

last day i updated my windows 7 and when i used my laptop after sometime it shows error message like "boot device not found please install an operating system on your harddisk" but when i continously power on and off my laptop it sarts up and my windows is opening but when i shutdown and restart same error message is showing like that . is this a harddrive problem or operating system problem

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is not a good news actually and it's a hardware problem. Please use the following article to check:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/quot-Hard-Disk-3F0-BootDevice-n...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey Man, Its not a big issue. It is because of your new laptop doesn't support legacy support of other operating systems.

Dont worry

GOTO BIOS(GENERALLY BY PRESSING F10)>SYSTEM CONFIGURATION>LEGACY SUPPORT>"ENABLE" IT

THEN PRESS F10 TO SAVE AND EXIT.. NOW YOU CAN SEE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM WILL WORK LIKE A CHARM

(INCASE OF ANY HARDWARE DAMAGE IT WILL NOT BE WORKED)

RAGARDS

THANK YOU

HP Recommended

I changed my hp 250 laptop windows 8 to 7 after partationing  and boot device is not found

HP Recommended
Sol_Hemal was right, to modify BIOS settings what you need is to turn on your computer, then the black window with the message "Boot device not found, please install an operating system on your HD"

Then you must press F10 button, and you will be in BIOS menu settings.

Then do what Sol_Hemal told before, system configuration → legacy support → enable
Press F10 and select "yes" then your computer will reboot immediately, and... Voilà, all the problem solved.

Thanks Sol_Hemal I have solved my problem!
HP Recommended
Thank you so much it helped
HP Recommended
Accidentally I dropped my laptop and then hard disk (3f0) error is shown. What to do?
HP Recommended
This helped me after countless hours of other fix-its failed. Thank-you!
HP Recommended
Sir, hemal I did the way you told but it's not working.
My screen shows :- no bootable device-- insert a boot disk and press any key, where as I don't the required boot disk. What should I do now?
HP Recommended
I dont have the required boot disk! !
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.