Question

Student
roonixcubits
Message 1 of 2 (2,415 Views)

Boot manager error on my HP LAPTOP

Hi everyone~!

I'm a nursing student and I really need my laptop for class.

My laptop crashed on me one day and the black screen of death came up reading an error message about my Boot Manager.

I've been trying everything I can think of since May and I still come up to the same error message: 

INFO:   The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I need help~! Please help~!! S.O.S my BiOS is killing me~~!

The worst part of it is that this error occurred right after my warranty ended.  Coincidence? Maybe? Or a big fat joke!

I called HP support and they said they can't help because my warranty ended already. *SIGH*  Saddening. FML~!

I'm currently unemployed and a full-time nursing student. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to type up my research papers without my laptop. I know there are other sources available but I have a lot of information already in this harddrive that I wish to get back to. I know it is wishful thinking... since I know they are forever unattainable now.. :smileysad:

Which comes to my plee for help! 

1. How can I fix my boot manager error problem with my HP laptop?

2. Is there anyway to retrive my files in the HD?

HP Laptop Info:

HP pavillion dv2500

PLEASE SHARE WITH ME ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO FIX THIS ERROR~! 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

-ROONIXCUBITS-

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (2,392 Views)

Re: Boot manager error on my HP LAPTOP

Hi,

1.How to repair boot manager:

Download correct Windows Vista Recovery Disc and burn it.

Run it and choose the "Repair" option.
Now click "Next".
In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
Type Bootrec /Rebuildbcd, then press ENTER.

Get USB Sata case for HDD 2,5". Put in it Your old HDD and copy with all files that You want on new HDD.

You can buy something like this on any auctions site or electronic shop.

I will give You some links with it here, here or here. I recommend to buy model with USB 2.0

If You want to be sure then everything will be working buy it on Newegg.

How to take off Your old HDD from laptop? All informations in Your service dcumentation here (page 61).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation