Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Try this method  onwindows 10.

1-Type troubleshoothing on taskbar search area

2-Expand view all

3- select hardware and devices  and follow the instruction

HP Recommended

I'm sorry.  I ended up finding out what my issue was and forgot to reply here.  Turns out I was using TeamViewer and had the monitor driver installed to use the "Black Screen" feature and that ended up disabling the normal drivers and prevented me from changing the brightness settings and had it set to maximum

HP Recommended

Thank You So Much..!

It really worked. The problem was non generic monitor was disabled, hence enabling will help us to change the brightness using function keys. 

Senthil.

Regards,
Senthil.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Solution is as follows.

Right Click on Windows logo and select Device Manager

Under Device Manager, select MONITOR, and click on PnP Monitor. Uninstall and delete the drivers.

At the top of the device manager, click the button that scans for hardware changes.

Problem Solved

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks arssanket.  That worked perfectly.  I opened device manager and had 2 entries for "Generic PnP Monitor" (since I had two screens).  I uninstalled both of them, then scanned for hardware changes, and the screen brightness was instantly fixed and the brightness function buttons respond correctly again.

HP Recommended

arssanket thank you for this fast and quick fix tip, it worked.

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen

The graphics link you provided in solution is not working.

please help

Graphics:  Install and reboot.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24392

HP Recommended

Hi, @mahi1307 :

I would say that the Intel site is not working because I can't get to any of the drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.