CD/DVD Drive missing - Presario CQ61 - 110SA laptop - Vista Home Basic (808 Views)
Student
TIPPGIRL
Message 1 of 2 (808 Views)

CD/DVD Drive missing - Presario CQ61 - 110SA laptop - Vista Home Basic

Hello, I would be grateful for a little help, unfortunately I am a bit of a 'technology thicko'.

This is my second laptop of the above model, the first was purchased on July 25th and returned with faulty motherboard (as per expert) on August 8th.

This is it's brand new replacement got on August 8th.

For the past week my cd drive has been 'coming and going' from my computer.  .

I have learnt how to do the device driver search and delete the exclamation mark, scan for new hardware....

However, tonight I spent about 3 hours doing this and searching Microsoft and HP website, downloading driver fix stuff that didn't work until it finally returned. 

I cannot continue to do this, I am beginning to regret retiring my Toshiba Tecra XP dinosaur......for this donkey dressed up as a racehorse. 

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (792 Views)

Re: CD/DVD Drive missing - Presario CQ61 - 110SA laptop - Vista Home Basic

TG, tech thicko, I think not. :smileywink:  You had the where-with-all to at least try to fix it.  This is the only way to learn.  All of us here have learned much from our first, what seemed to be failed, attempts to fix a problem.

Here is a link that just may help you diagnose it:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00678214&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3927381

At least, it is a good start.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!