Question

Tutor
hqma100
Message 1 of 21 (4,710 Views)

CQ60 Audio and Modem drivers for windows xp

Hi guys,

I have the problem to install audio and modem drivers for my CQ60-210US. I searched the forum and found Brad6666 posted the similar problem last Oct.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/CQ60-drivers-for-windows-xp/m-p/139745

I followed the instructions from the replies but still can't solve the problem.

The problems I have are as follows:

1. Audio driver

I installed the audio driver (also installed MS-UAA at first) and my lappy does have the sound. But I checked the Device Manager and still found the yellow question mark for "Audio Device on High Definitin Audio Bus". And I also found "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221" in "Sound, video and game controllers". Does that mean I installed another audio driver and only simply disable that yellow question mark for the audio?

2. Modem driver

I tried "Conexant HD Modem" (sp33839) from CherylG's post and it told me that there is no modem in my lappy. Is this part critical or I can just ignore this driver?

Thank you,

Richard

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 21 (4,711 Views)

Re: CQ60 Audio and Modem drivers for windows xp

[ Edited ]

The entry "Audio Device on High Definitin Audio Bus" is probably the modem. Try your Vista modem driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39540.exe

If that fails,do a manual install from Device Manager>>

Device Manager>Audio device on High Def Bus

Right click, Update Driver

Say "no, not at this time" for connecting to Windows Update

Select> Install from a list or specific location

Select> Don't search I will choose the driver to install

In the list of common hardware types,choose "show all"

Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk"

Next...browse to C:\Swsetup\sp33839

Choose the "inf" and ignore any protest from XP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
hqma100
Message 3 of 21 (4,684 Views)

New problem: no sound after "Stand by". Re: CQ60 Audio and Modem drivers for windows xp

CherylG, thank you so much. The modem driver works this time. :smileyhappy:

Now I have a new problem with the audio driver. I installed the driver and had sound at first. But every time when I choose to stand-by the laptop, the sound is gone. But if I restart the laptop, the sound will be back.

Here is what I did to install the audio driver. I installed "Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver" from V6700TX CTO support page and no sound. At that moment I had audio driver downloaded from

http://www.laptopdrivers.net/compaq-presario-cq60-laptop-download-windows-xp-drivers/

and followed the instruction there to install it. It had sound. When I found this audio problem (no sound after stand by), I uninstalled the audio driver and followed CherylG's instruction to restall the audio driver. The problem is still not solved. Any idea for this problem?

Thank you!

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 21 (4,632 Views)

Re: New problem: no sound after "Stand by". Re: CQ60 Audio and Modem drivers for windows x

Uninstall any Conexant Audio drivers you have and try these>>>Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver (CQ50, CQ60, CQ70, G50, G60 and G70) here

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
hqma100
Message 5 of 21 (4,620 Views)

Re: New problem: no sound after "Stand by". Re: CQ60 Audio and Modem drivers for windows x

Thank you.

I tried this driver, Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver (CQ50, CQ60, CQ70, G50, G60 and G70), but it still doesn't solve the problem.

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 21 (4,618 Views)

[ Edited ]

This may actually be a problem with MS UAA. When you Standby and open notebook, go to Device Manager and see if  'Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio' under System Devices is without error.

Try right click and Disable it, then right click and Enable to see if sound reappears.

Tutor
hqma100
Message 7 of 21 (4,611 Views)

I checked MS UAA and it says working properly. I also tried to disable it and then enable it, but the problem is not solved.

I didn't install MS UAA when the first time I installed the audio driver (I used "Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver" at that moment). There was no sound at that time. So I followed the instruction to install MS UAA, then audio driver for "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221", which is for my audio hardware. Is that the reason for this problem as I didn't install MS UAA at the first step?

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 21 (4,608 Views)

I would start over by going to Control Panel, Add & Remove. Uninstall Realtek Audio, Conexant Audio, MS UAA if any of them are there. Next boot to Safe Mode and go to Device Manager, under System Devices if Microsoft UAA Bus Driver is there uninstall it.May have to disable it before XP will let you uninstall it.

Now, reboot into normal startup and install the appropriate version of MS UAA.

MS UAA XP SP2 

MS UAA XP SP3

Reboot and reinstall Conexant driver.

Tutor
hqma100
Message 9 of 21 (4,586 Views)

I followed the steps to uninstall and reinstall MS UAA and audio driver, but the problem is still not solved.

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 10 of 21 (4,543 Views)

Just would like to help, your problem maybe a left over driver.

The fastest way is to start over from the beginning. Use XP-SP3 and install .Net-framework 3.5 or above before installing any new drivers.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation