Question

Tutor
TonyF58173
Message 1 of 3 (10,178 Views)

Can I restore lost bookmarks in Google Chrome 10.0.648.205 on HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC?

Hi,

How can I restore my lost favorite bookmarks in Google Chrome 10.0.648.205 browser on my HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC?

Up to 2 or 3 weeks ago I had hundreds of saved "favorites" bookmarks of websites. Then  1 day I opened up the browser and all of the favorites were gone. Is there a way of finding them and restoring them?

Thanks

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 3 (10,144 Views)

Re: Can I restore lost bookmarks in Google Chrome 10.0.648.205 on HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC?

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

You have to have Hidden Folder enabled to find these directories. Otherwise, just paste it in to you address bar and press enter.
Once there, you should see a bunch of files. Two of which are called "Bookmarks", and "Bookmarks.bak". Copy the Bookmarks.bak file to a safe location. Now, close Chrome. Rename the "Bookmarks.bak" file you just copied to "Bookmarks", and copy it back in to that directory, overwriting the original one.
||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Student
gvquestion
Message 3 of 3 (2,065 Views)

Re: Can I restore lost bookmarks in Google Chrome 10.0.648.205 on HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC?

what is the hidden folder? Where do I find it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation