04-10-2014 11:29 PM
I created a file on 7 April - now i need to access it and cannot remember what i called it or where i saved it. It was HOURS of work and i need to access it ASAP for the tax department. Is it possible to search for a file by 'created date'???? I really hope so!!
04-11-2014 02:12 AM
There is actually such a featuyre in windows.
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- In the search box, in the top right corner of the window type datemodified:
- After datemodified: has been typed the "Select a date or date range" window will appear, select the date or date range for when you believe the file was last modified.
- Depending on the dates this search may take a few seconds to a minute to complete.
Please let me know how it works
Were I able to help you? Please say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon over to the left
Did I solve your issue? If so, Please mark Accept As Solution to the right
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)