Question

Tutor
veener79
Message 1 of 5 (7,481 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can not create recovery disk

I just bought this laptop friday CQ50-142.  Today I wated to create the recovery disks for it.  I go though the steps that stated in the flier that came with my laptops paper work.  When I try to create the recovery disk I am getting this error. "A set of recovery discs has been created for this PC. Only one set is allowed per PC." I have never setup a set of recovery disks for the laptop.  I do not know I am getting this error. 

How do I create my recovery disks? 

Thanks for your help

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 5 (7,471 Views)

Re: Can not create recovery disk

Did you have anyone set up your notebook for you?  Was it new or open-box?

You could try running this patch and trying it again...or call HP Technical Support at 18004746836
Tutor
veener79
Message 3 of 5 (7,451 Views)

Thanks for your help.  I called suport after that patch did not work.  Got transfered to Springfield MO and they are sending me out the disks at no charge. :smileyhappy:  The only other option I had was to bring my system back to scrach again to make them. 
Tutor
milesm
Message 4 of 5 (7,208 Views)

delete the file hpcd.sys in your c drive and recovery partition hard drive.  you'll be able to create another set.

a problem with the disks hp sends out it that restoring your system will take 5 - 6 hours, compared to 3 hours for disks you create for your machine.  something to think about. 

Tutor
veener79
Message 5 of 5 (7,135 Views)

What folder is that file in?  I even did a serch of hidden files and it does not find it. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation