12-28-2008 12:21 PM
I just bought this laptop friday CQ50-142. Today I wated to create the recovery disks for it. I go though the steps that stated in the flier that came with my laptops paper work. When I try to create the recovery disk I am getting this error. "A set of recovery discs has been created for this PC. Only one set is allowed per PC." I have never setup a set of recovery disks for the laptop. I do not know I am getting this error.
How do I create my recovery disks?
Thanks for your help
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-28-2008 01:38 PM
You could try running this patch and trying it again...or call HP Technical Support at 18004746836
12-28-2008 05:26 PM
01-08-2009 04:01 PM
delete the file hpcd.sys in your c drive and recovery partition hard drive. you'll be able to create another set.
a problem with the disks hp sends out it that restoring your system will take 5 - 6 hours, compared to 3 hours for disks you create for your machine. something to think about.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)