Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-6179us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have a DV7-6179us and never had any problems until about a month or so ago when it became super sluggish (it's almost impossible to even type). So yesterday I formatted and did a clean install of Windows 7-64bit. I've been trying to download drivers from the HP support site but the page won't display them. It just keeps loading indefinitely.

I was able to get most drivers from a third-party website (that has the link to HP ftp) but my computer is still super sluggish. I don't know if I'm missing a driver or something is corrupted. I wanted to get the drivers from the HP support site to make sure...

Anyone have any insight on what I could do? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks terminator! That's exactly what I needed.

Just a quick question maybe you or someone else could help me with. I just disabled Hardware Acceleration on Chrome and IE11 and they both went from being painfully sluggish to lighting fast. So I'm taking that my problems are coming from my graphics card (?!) which is the Radeon 6490m.

I have my power settings set to High Performance and the switchable graphics to only use the High Performace GPU.  Is there anything I can do to improve other programs as well.. is there a way to turn off hardware acceleration in the graphics card or some other tweak?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I can not think of much more than what you mean about video settings :indifferent:

I think it would be better to do a new post in this topic to make it more visible to users and experts, in the next section:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/bd-p/Display

HP Recommended

Ok, will do. Thanks again! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.