Can't install program because not recognized as the administrator (382 Views)
Top Student
beateo
Message 1 of 7 (382 Views)

Can't install program because not recognized as the administrator

My laptop will not allow me to reinstall my Kodak all in one printer.  It says I must have "administrator privileges"?  I have only one user account and it's set as an administrator account.  There have been several other things I've been unable to do on my computer because of that same message. 

Top Student
beateo
Message 2 of 7 (344 Views)

Re: Can't install program because not recognized as the administrator

I mistakenly posted my printer as a Kodak, it's an HP all in one.

Thanks.

Tutor
James_Pudge
Message 3 of 7 (337 Views)

Try logging in in safe mode and installing. (Press F8 as the system starts and choose Safe mode)

Top Student
beateo
Message 4 of 7 (328 Views)

No good.  I'm getting an error message that says Printer Spoler.  "This service has stopped and needs to be running for installation to complete"  Click "FIX". ... which I did to no avail.  There was also a message that said my system was not compatable, but I don't understand this because this is the printer I've always run with this laptop?  Any other ideas would be appreciated.  I'd rather not buy a new printer.  Thanks

Tutor
James_Pudge
Message 5 of 7 (318 Views)

you using a CD or are you using a new updated driver? "sometimes" if you are using the downloaded updated driver it has issues. but if your using the CD.. try downloading the driver

Top Student
beateo
Message 6 of 7 (314 Views)

I'm using a CD.  I went to HP site to download driver.  It went through the whole process of downloading then gave an error message to the effect of "may have been moved or corrupted" or something similar to that... UGH!#@

Top Student
beateo
Message 7 of 7 (313 Views)

I think my computer is JUNK!  I tried the CD again and it said "This software cannot be installed using the "Run As.." command.  Installation cannot continue until this is resolved"  First, I'm not using the "run as" command, I'm trying to install using the install screen that comes up when you put in the disc.   Secondly, this is a compaq presario CQ60.  Shouldn't this computer just recognize and run the printer?  I'm almost certain when I bought the printer, all I had to do was plug it in and start printing.  I'm totally baffled.... Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation