Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@eggmoe wrote:

I'm not sure if you can get drivers via the Support Solutions Assistant.  I ran the "Update Check".  I'm currently running all of the Windows 8 "out of the box" drivers, and the Support Solutions Assistant did not offer any driver links.

Mean while... HP is compiling your results. This could take up to 3 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed. Thank you for your patience.  3 minutes?  More like 3 days!

It did for me, showed my 2 missing drivers and said all the others (stock Win7 drivers)  were up to date.

I would say you are up to date then.

I am not sure if it will work with external hardware though (printers).

HP Recommended

Try this website. I found it last night and they seem to have the HP drivers

http://www.hp-drivers-download.com/

If it works, please accept this as a solution 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hmm? I will try it again, thanks.  

Still though, it seems odd that HP will not address their web site malfunction.

HP Recommended

just tried again and got this popup: 

System Issues are impacting software and driver downloads

We are working hard to resolve the issue and apologize for any inconvenience.

So it looks like HP is working on it.  Yea!

HP Recommended

well it is now October 20, 2015 and I am getting the same page error. Thank you for this post.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.