Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am trying to change my boot order, so I can boot from a DVD on my Pavilion Notebook (E8A72UA#ABA).  I pressed escape to get to the Startup Menu.  The menu says:

F1  System Information

F2  System Diagnostics

F9  Boot Device Options

F10 BIOS Setup

F11 System Recovery

ENTER - Continue Startup

I've tried pressing just F9 and Fn + F9 to get to the Boot Options and neither work.  When I press Fn + F1 I can go to the screen that displays system information.  However F2, F9, F10, and F11 don't do anything.  When I press Enter, it boots into Windows.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the laptop?  The function keys work fine when I'm booted in Windows, so I know the Function keys aren't broken.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Once unit is powered on keep tapping F10 key this will take to BIOS settings menu.

Then selected System Configuration then Boot Option and then Boot Order.

Then change the setting which you like to do. Then press F10 to save the changes and Exit the Screen.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Set config BIOS:

Secure Boot  Disabled

Legacy Support enabled

Secure Boot (Windows 😎 | HP® Support

HP Recommended

Hi

Once unit is powered on keep tapping F10 key this will take to BIOS settings menu.

Then selected System Configuration then Boot Option and then Boot Order.

Then change the setting which you like to do. Then press F10 to save the changes and Exit the Screen.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
I'm not sure why it worked just pressing f10 but not from that boot menu, but it did work pressing f10 during startup. Thanks!
HP Recommended

I have tried various keys (Esc, F2, F8, F10) when booting up to change the boot sequence on my Presario CQ61, which I have recently upgraded to Win10.  I just cannot get into the CMOS setup.  Can you help, please?  I want to use the CD drive to boot up into Acronis Backup/Restore.   I've never had this problem with other PC's before.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.