Question

Top Student
sofi_ya
Message 1 of 14 (1,946 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot install Cyberlink Power2Go

Hello!

I have a HP notebook model dv7-1185eg with originally installed Windows Vista Home Premium. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything was working without problems until one crash of the system when I had to install Windows 7 again. After that my Cyberlink programs were missing. From the HP website I downloaded the program for my Webcam and QuickPlay, but I cannot find the Cyberlink DVD suite with Power2Go and now I cannot burn CDs and DVDs.

I have a recovery DVDs wihch I made after I purchased the notebook, but I couldn't find a way to intall the program from them. I have also a recovery partition, but I do not know how to use it. Also tried F11 after booting, but it did not work.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Sofiya

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 14 (1,860 Views)

Re: Cannot install Cyberlink Power2Go

[ Edited ]

If you could get the recovery partition to work it would install Vista again and in drive "C" there would be a file called SwSetup. In the file is Power2Go, the whole SwSetup file can be burned to DVD and then later used to install anything when you are in W7.

The easier alternative is to simply use a different program to burn CD's and DVD's ; Image Burn.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Use mirror #8 direct from Image Burn.

Let me know if you want to restore back to Vista, there is away to make the recovery partition active again. This method works 99% of the time,but you will have to reinstall W7 all over again just to get Power2Go back.

I may have the program on one of my other machines, let me check and see if it's there and if it's not too big I can put it in a rar file and send it to you.

Top Student
sofi_ya
Message 3 of 14 (1,833 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply!

Could you please check if you really have the program and send it to me? I have important programs installed on my notebook and if I have to reinstall all of them again with the proper settings it will take me a lot of time. If not, I will use the program which you suggested.

Thank you once again,

Sofiya

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 4 of 14 (1,827 Views)

try this

it is for the power2go

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL27148/pv-67651-1/sp40994.exe

please hit star/kudos if this works out 

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 5 of 14 (1,826 Views)

:smileyhappy:

Top Student
sofi_ya
Message 6 of 14 (1,825 Views)

I am sorry, but it is an update fo already installed Power2Go.

Thanks anyway!

Sofiya

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 7 of 14 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ sofi-ya

I Have Power2Go, but it's in suite and it's going to take a couple of hours to upload the 650MB file.

I tried one file sharing site and it just sat there for 3 hours and did nothing, this one seems to be working, it's at 26MB now.

You will need 7-Zip to extract the files. (64 bit)

http://www.7-zip.org/

Right click on the rar file and choose "extract files", click on the file and click "set up" (it's the last one on the list)

Top Student
sofi_ya
Message 8 of 14 (1,797 Views)

HaggisCat, thank you!

I installed 7-zip. Only I cannot find the rar file you are talking about. Can you please tell me where it is?

Best regards,

Sofiya

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 9 of 14 (1,785 Views)

It's still loading on the file sharing site, it has another 84 minutes to go. I am going out to work in the yard and when I get back it should be finished.  I'll PM you when I have it in your thread.

650 MB is a large file.  :smileywink:

Top Student
sofi_ya
Message 10 of 14 (1,783 Views)

Thank you so much! I just was thinking that I am missing something...

Yard... sounds good, I just baked an easter cake.

Best regards,

Sofiya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation