Question

Student
Tunger
Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

Clean OS install/driver help

I am currently attempting to get a Dv6z-1100 laptop configured with Vista Business, and the driver page has been less than helpful. The Realtek network controller is not loading correctly, and the only thing listed under network drivers is the "HP Wireless Assistant", which is not a driver. Is there any way to get the network card working?

I ask this because as far as I can tell, there is no way to load just the OS from the recovery disks. In order to install the OS that came with the laptop (Vista Home Premium) it will also automatically install the miscelaneous bloatware, including Norton, which I am specifically trying to avoid, as I trying to troubleshoot a VPN connectivity issue. If there is a way to force a clean OS install from the recovery disks or partition, I would be open to that as well.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

Re: Clean OS install/driver help

Hi,

If You have installed now any driver for realtek ethernet uninstall it and restart system.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (430 Views)

Re: Clean OS install/driver help

Try this Ethernet driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42501-43000/sp42584.exe

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation