Question

Honor Student
Pkesur
Message 1 of 2 (1,164 Views)

Compaq CQ58-255SA Replace Windows 8 with Windows 7

Hi, my wife and I just cant get used to Windows 8 on the laptop. I would like to replace it with Windows 7, but Im concerned about driver issues, on the HP site, there are only drivers available for Win 8 64 bit.

Is there any way to get rid on Win 8 on the laptop?

Thanks in advance.

PJ

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (1,161 Views)

Re: Compaq CQ58-255SA Replace Windows 8 with Windows 7

Here are the specs for your Compaq CQ58-255SA Notebook Computer. HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 nor will it support the installation of Windows 7 on a Windows 8 computer. HP will not provide drivers and Windows 7 drivers may not be available for the hardware in the computer. Additionally, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features for the computer.

You may wish to try "Start8" or other programs desgned to make Windows 8 look and feel more like Windows 7.

However, if you absolutely feel you must install Windows 7 on your computer, please post a list or photo of all the device in the Windows "Device Manager", including "HardwareID" infomation for our review. Before embarking on this journey, please create your personal set of HP Recovery Discs.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation