Compaq Presario C700 notebook Bios is old..... (19562 Views)
Honor Student
rezz1
Message 1 of 12 (19,562 Views)

Compaq Presario C700 notebook Bios is old.....

I think my bios is old. The bios is f.23 and it was released 1/23/2008. I checked for new bios because my laptop fan won't kepp quiet it runs all the time. Off and on. so i looked for a solution to this problem and thats when i checked my bios version. then i checked the bios upgrade here and there is a big difference. the new upgrade is f.32 or f.33 one or the other and mines is f.23. all my programs run smoothly but i notice that my ram goes up over 50% sometimes just running firefox! if i do this upgrade will it stop my fan speed and doing the upgrade won't make anything not respond or stop programs right? because i hear complains about upgrading bios and hardware and etc doesn't respond.

Compaq Presario C700 Notebook

Ram: 2 Gbs

Processor Speed: 1.6 ghz *i know not great*

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 12 (19,534 Views)

If you do decide to update the bios, I suggest you save/backup the current bios just incase...

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 12 (19,514 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario C700 notebook Bios is old.....

Hi,

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
rezz1
Message 4 of 12 (19,511 Views)

KC590UA#ABA
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 12 (19,509 Views)

Hi,

Here is latest version of Bios for You. (F.34)

How to update BIOS?

Plug You ac adapter to the computer.

Disconnect from the internet. Switch off any antivirus and firewalls.

Start updating Bios. It may take some time. Don't switch off Your laptop, don't disconnect ac and don't do anything on it when this update is running.

Suggestion from CharlesHP is very good. It's recommended to make backup of You old Bios before instaling this new one. If there will be any troubles or problem with this new version You will have an option to return to this old one without any problems.

Check also Your temps with Everest or HWMonitor and post the results here.

Honor Student
rezz1
Message 6 of 12 (19,488 Views)

ok how exactly would i back up my current bios and here is a link to my temps on my laptop...is this normal......the fan is still loud just running firefox....

http://tinypic.com/r/t9clch/5
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 12 (19,481 Views)

[ Edited ]

As i remember in C700 when You will be updating Bios You will see question which will be something like this:

Do You want to make backup. But I'm not sure. I had this model some time ago. Don't worry about it. You will now what to do when You will see it.

I forgot about those temp. They are not very high but they can be lower. How old is this model?

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 06-25-2009 02:09 AM

Top Student
ppresario
Message 8 of 12 (16,061 Views)

Can you help me getting bios update for my laptop. Mine p/n is:  GR992UA#ABA

Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 9 of 12 (15,997 Views)

ppresario, the latest version of the BIOS for your unit can be downloaded here.

For future reference, you can find the latest version of your BIOS, drivers, and software by entering your PN into this page: http://www.hp.com/#Support

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Top Student
ppresario
Message 10 of 12 (15,994 Views)

Thanks for your message. I have already tried this because I was not getting help from anyone. This isn't working.

I have created another post:-

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Compaq-presario-C713NR/m-p/286119#M40521

This is a detailed post which I made at another site. Can you please read and advise me accordingly?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation