Computer will not start some type of checksum error (1444 Views)
Top Student
jlpreciado
Message 1 of 3 (1,444 Views)
Accepted Solution

Computer will not start some type of checksum error

Hello,

I tried starting my computer this afternoon and it would not boot it would go through the initial start up wher eit says press f2 for this f11 for that then comes a messege that says "windows is loading files..." then it shuts off and restarts again going no further.. when i put in my recovery disk or try to load the internal recovery it gives me a black screen with the messege"the file is possibly corrupt. the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." i can get into the pheonix bios  set up utility but thats it . my computer is a hp pavilion dv6500 now i figure it was some type of virus and imagine i will end up having to replace a hard drive but i'm trying to avoid going that route if possible any help at all will  be greatly appreciated

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (1,426 Views)

Re: Computer will not start some type of checksum error

Could be hard drive is in bad state. I suggest run a hard drive test, in bios. If hard drive test passes, then most likely, the file system is corrupted. In that case, an easier way is to run a system recovery. Harder if there are important data you need to save/retrive.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
jlpreciado
Message 3 of 3 (1,334 Views)

Re: Computer will not start some type of checksum error

The situation has been resolved, it seems i had a bad virus that killed my HD and fried my RAM (as close as i can figure anyway) after installing a new HD and new RAM the computer is working fine now thank you anyway

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation