Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

thanx

HP Recommended

Could somebody help me with a BIOS for HP dv6922et (6700series) ? I have now F.58 and it fails when I'm trying to install 8 on this notebook ... 

HP Recommended

Hello Klau.

What error do you receive when trying to install Windows 8?

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply....      

Here is a topic with the specific problem .  I hope somebody will find a solution.

HP Recommended

I have a HP 2000 Notebook Windows 8 64bit and did updates in Hp Support Assistant and in Action Log  --- HP Notebook System BIOS Updated failed.  When clicking on it this is what came up ---- This package provides an update to the system BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. A reboot is required to complete the installation.

Soft Paq# SP62229

Version F.34AP1

Size 7.73MB

I did a restart and it did not update. It shows it is important so guessing it is. What should I do to update the BIOS? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello goldengirlie,

I understand that you need to update your BIOS.

Please post your product and model number.

You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.

I should be able to link you to the download.

HP Recommended

Thanks Anthony I have been away for a few days. Took my PC to be serviced and everything is now corrected. Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

goldengirlie,

You’re welcome.

I’m glad to hear that you got everything corrected.

HP Recommended

Well, I've had my HP Pavilion G6 2219, brand new from the box, for less than a month and there were two updates today. The HP update went down as did another Windows 8 earlier. I was working fine and dandy this morning but then......................................death to the wifi after the updates. That little white lite. It stays red thru any restart or start until that awful logon screen hits then poof, it's gone.

How can there not be chips or anything of it's kind needed already inside the computers? I mean the right size or kind?

I've reset BIOS, I've tried shutting and opening the screen back(as I've seen tried), checked the most updated BIOS, and notta. Unless I'm plugged into the wall in my bedroom, no connection.

No connection is like the stoneage. lol

HP Recommended
windows update necessary for new activate win8 os
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.