Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is that what the number is for my computer? I don't know where to find that. When I checked by my product number it said it hadn't been tested. I just want to know how to find software that stops the instability of Windows 8.

HP Recommended

I guess no one knows or there isn't a fix. If so Microsoft needs to address this!

HP Recommended

Give us a BIOS update for G6 series so we can force dedicated graphic card to be used instead of processor integrated graphics.

PLEASE

HP Recommended

I prefer dedicated graphics aswell, I hope they still give the ENVY 17 2050eb and such those update!

HP Recommended

Hey All,

I saw your post concerning the BIOS and I researched the issue and if you follow this document for BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options it could help resolve different issues for all different operating systems.

Hope this helps.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I have a Laptop HP Envy DV6 - 7202
I am using a BIOS version F.28
please advise if this is the latest / current version.
HP Recommended

Hi Maroun84,

There are several different models of the HP Envy dv6-7202. Could you please tell me which one you have. Here is a document on how to find your Model Number .

Once you have that go here to Select your product.  On the next page you would choose *Drivers* then you would select your operating system and click *Next* then scroll down and click on *BIOS* and it will tell you the latest version. You can then download from there if you do not have the latest version.

I hope this helps, if you need me to find the BIOS version please send me the model number.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

I have HP Envy DV6-7202ee
Product Number: C4V13EA#ABV
SERIAL: .......
current BIOS: F.28 - 07/25/2013

Kindly note that I have selected a notebook similar to mine, which is 7202eg, and then I have selected *drivers*, and chose windows 8.1 as my Operating System, but the Driver of the BIOS is not listed there along with other drivers.

I am unsure if F.28 is a good version, since i have installed it from 2 months from the main HP page of my product drivers, but unfortunately they removed the whole product/page and they say that my product is not supported anymore whenever I try to search for drivers using my MODEL NUMBER.

please advise how can I check what are the compatible BIOS versions for my notebook, and how can I download them,

Really appreciate your help,

Thank you and Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Maroun84,

After doing some investigation into the BIOS updates I have discovered that the version for Windows 8 are the latest version and will be what is used for Windows 8.1 BIOS updates as well. There is a 2013-10-08 , VersionF.29, 6.56M update that is the latest version for your Notebook series.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

What about an ENVY17 2050eb update to officialy support Windows 8(.1), cause BIOS says now it's Windows 7 as OS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.