12-01-2012 08:27 PM
I recently upgraded my CQ60-113EE to Windows 8 [didn't even bother checking if it is compatible with Win 8, but WTH]. Only trouble I'm having is that I still did not install any BIOS and Drivers for this model. Issues I have encoutered so far includes, but not limited to:-
- Sound seems to go on and off. Sometimes I can hear sounds then sometimes I don't.
- When I watch videos online, it lags. Checked my Memory and it's good.
- Internet sometimes disconnect.
Are these drivers related?
Here is my laptop's complete info:-
HP Compaq Presario CQ60-113EE
Processor:- Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00 Ghz
RAM:- 2.00 GB
HDD:- 120 GB
Video:- 700MB Dedicated Graphics
HP Support only has drivers up to Windows 7 but I'm already hooked with Windows 8. Please help.
12-11-2012 08:38 PM
Please install them asap.
Important drivers include:
Display or graphics driver,
WLAN and bluetooth,
12-12-2012 04:21 AM
the wifi orange light does not change to white light after upgrading to windows 8 OS from windows home premium. i am using pavilion dv6-7011tx laptop. this is very frustating as theres no wifi as well as bluetooth connectivity, the wireless button key solution is useless. HP guys plz give us a solution we are waiting over a month. the issue is with the bios update f13. while using it with the previous bios update the button worked fine.
12-12-2012 04:32 AM
Just goto your laptops driver page and download old bios and install it.
Make sure you connected the charger.
Hope this helps.
12-12-2012 04:35 AM
I have G6 2005ax laptop.
12-19-2012 02:58 PM
12-21-2012 09:31 AM
"Windows 8 BIOS updates for older systems are limited by the BIOS chip size. Such systems will not be capable of supporting Windows 8 features like Secure Boot and GPT drives....."
There is something here that I do not understand. The UEFI bios has a smaller chip footprint, as a lot of what used to be there is now offloaded to the dedicated disk area. I have a dv7-6cxx, and from looking at the dv7-7xxx uefi bios size, I don't understand why my machine is excluded. I was especially disappointed that I bought my machine during the "Special Windows 7 to Windows 8 upgrade deal", but my machine does not support all of the features of Windows 8. What gives HP?
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)