Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Brilliant, did the job perfectly first time, you can probably guess from my username how good i am at these computer thingies.

Thanks for being there.

HP Recommended

This driver works for my DV9500 Thank you so much guys and more power!!! How about the driver for my chipset??? Do you think you can help out with this one??? Thanks in advance!!!!

HP Recommended

Trying to salvage basement find F572US upgraded to 2gb ram then win10....Have coprocessor ? in other devices.. Also lost wifi all together-- I have used the HP config to find and upgrade firmware, broadcom wireless driver, and chipset drivers with these issues still sticking around-- I have also purchased and installed a new working broadcom wifi card with no success..I dont even see the card in the device mgr but i do see various WAN device settings in device mgr....Got the laptop 2 weeks ago and wireless hasnt worked since I got it with Vista, then upgraded to win7, then to 10...Didnt attempt wireless fix until 10...Any help would be appreciated--

HP Recommended

@f572us

I believe this model has one of the infamous Nvidia 6150. The wireless was usually the first piece of hardware to show failure. It is actually caused by Nvidia chip losing secure connection to motherboard-caused by solder breaking down.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

so youre saying both of these issues are due to the MB solder failure... Im guessing this is not fixable with a solder iron... (somewhat handy with them but im not a computer) What exactly does the "coprocessor" affect in everyday usage?  My teenage son is willing to use the laptop wired and it seems to work ok otherwise... I have $9 into the laptop for 1gb ram and the broadcom wireless card so if its total junk best buy will give me $25 for it trade in.. I keep seeing something about "extended warranty" on the wireless condition bc it was so prevalent-- S/n shows this laptop warranty expired 3 years ago...

HP Recommended

@f572us

I'm not saying with certainty that this is your problem-but wireless card is one of the first failures in many of these laptops. A solder gun is not a solution. It is usually repaired by doing a reflow of the solder holding the gpu chip to the motherboard. Do a search for Nvidia reflow. There is a wealth of info on the subject.Everything from oven method (risky imo) to heat gun method. There are even companies that offer reflow service. Again-I am not saying this is your issue but it might be worth a shot (literally) with a heat gun if you like to experiment.

The co-processor is simply a problem with driver. You may be able to get it eventually from Windows Update. If your resolution is satisfactory as is I wouldn't worry about it for now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have re-installed windows 7 home premium 64-bit. However i can't find the coprocessor driver.

I have a hp pavilion 6240nl. Could you provide me a link?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

sir,this file fails to download at the last moment, whats the issue ?? will u please look uun to this matter.

HP Recommended

@dsharad Are you referring to this file>NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset Driver here

It downloads completely for me. Maybe it is a browser issue. Try clearing cache and download again.

HP Recommended

I'm a late entry into this discussion. I've just done a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, onto a friend's Pavilion dv6810us. I also got that orpaned "coprocessor" with no driver. I used a disc which had SP1 and all the software rollups installed up to April 2016. I had the same results as the original poster in regards to the driver link to NVidia's site. However, using the previously mentioned SP 37730 [the original Vista chipset drivers] everything worked great. I had no issues during the installation of the older drivers. The "unknown device/coprocessor" is gone. Best of all, since doing this driver install, my Windows Experience video scores have gone from 2.9 [Aero Graphics] & 3.1 [Gaming Graphics] to 3.1 and 3.2. I have experienced no adverse effects from using this original Vista driver set on the Windows 7 operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.