Question

Intern
masmfl
Message 1 of 6 (9,863 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating Recovery Disc - What kind of discs to use

When you go to Recovery Media Creation it says to use DVD-R to make the discs. Does that mean you can't use regular CD-R discs to create the recovery media? I have a stack of new CD-R discs I would like to use but I don't want to mess this up. Recovery Media Creator says you can only create the discs one time which is scary because I have made bad discs before. Do you guys recommend a particular brand of discs? I want to make sure the recovery discs burn properyly.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (9,837 Views)

Re: Creating Recovery Disc - What kind of discs to use

[ Edited ]

CD-R discs are way too small @650MB.

DVD-R media is 4.7GB and that is why it is the standard used.

The best media for DVD is generally agreed to be JVC Taiyo Yuden 

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
masmfl
Message 3 of 6 (9,830 Views)

That was a good explanation. Thank you. This is my first new computer in a long time so the technology is kind of new for me.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (9,820 Views)

While JVC dvds are good, I have found that Sony DVD+R disks work best for me on every machine I have burned a set. I have also seen several members solve their burning issue after I suggested trying Sony.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
webb_pres
Message 5 of 6 (1,810 Views)

OK, I have a hp desktop. I had some games and my voice chat open a

Top Student
webb_pres
Message 6 of 6 (1,809 Views)

OK, I have a hp desktop. I had some games and my voice chat open and my little brother press the button ,in order to start it up, and it went out. I keep trying to start windows normally but it keep saying failed, need a repair disc. This desktop is a 64 BIt and keep saying that I need a disc thats capable of the windows I have, please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation