Creating Recovery Disc - What kind of discs to use (8728 Views)
Intern
masmfl
Message 1 of 6 (8,728 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating Recovery Disc - What kind of discs to use

When you go to Recovery Media Creation it says to use DVD-R to make the discs. Does that mean you can't use regular CD-R discs to create the recovery media? I have a stack of new CD-R discs I would like to use but I don't want to mess this up. Recovery Media Creator says you can only create the discs one time which is scary because I have made bad discs before. Do you guys recommend a particular brand of discs? I want to make sure the recovery discs burn properyly.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (8,702 Views)

Re: Creating Recovery Disc - What kind of discs to use

[ Edited ]

CD-R discs are way too small @650MB.

DVD-R media is 4.7GB and that is why it is the standard used.

The best media for DVD is generally agreed to be JVC Taiyo Yuden 

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
masmfl
Message 3 of 6 (8,695 Views)

That was a good explanation. Thank you. This is my first new computer in a long time so the technology is kind of new for me.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (8,685 Views)

While JVC dvds are good, I have found that Sony DVD+R disks work best for me on every machine I have burned a set. I have also seen several members solve their burning issue after I suggested trying Sony.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
webb_pres
Message 5 of 6 (675 Views)

OK, I have a hp desktop. I had some games and my voice chat open a

Top Student
webb_pres
Message 6 of 6 (674 Views)

OK, I have a hp desktop. I had some games and my voice chat open and my little brother press the button ,in order to start it up, and it went out. I keep trying to start windows normally but it keep saying failed, need a repair disc. This desktop is a 64 BIt and keep saying that I need a disc thats capable of the windows I have, please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation