CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe Update (Version 6 or 7) for VIsta Required (4092 Views)
Tutor
GreatWhiteNorth
Message 1 of 1 (4,092 Views)

CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe Update (Version 6 or 7) for VIsta Required

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know where I can download an update for Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe 6 or 7 that works with the 32-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium?

I currently have CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe v. 5.5.1030 that came pre-installed on my HP Pavilion dv6835ca (Vista Home Premium 32-bit) is now being flagged as an end-of-life product by my PSI software scanner and I haven't been able to find a version 6 or 7 update for Vista on the HP website.  I did find an update to DVD Suite 6 for Win 7 (sp44353.exe) at

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-77501-2&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en, but I can't find an update that's compatible with Vista.

HP Update (v. 5.002.006.003) hasn't detected a single available update for my dv6835ca laptop in over a year.  Same problem with the Software & Drivers page for my laptop model on HP Customer Care website here  - there's not a single update posted since early 2009, even though my laptop was purchased in late 2008.

When I try updating from within the DVD Suite Deluxe program, it shows that I have all the latest available updates for version 5 (which I confirmed on the CyberLink site).  If I click on the upgrade option from within DVD Suite Deluxe, I'm re-dircted to a "special" offer for HP users here on the CyberLink site to upgrade to DVD Suite Gold 2010 ($54.95 US) or DVD Suite Platinum 2010 ($64.95 US), which I don't want to do.

I'm hoping that's there's a slightly newer model of HP Pavilion laptop that has a Vista-compatible update for CyberLink DVD Suite (regular or deluxe version) somewhere on its Software & Driver download page on the HP Customer Care website.
---
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * CyberLink DVD Suite Deluxe v. 5.5.1030
Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation