Question

Honor Student
rina_yukina
Message 1 of 13 (6,683 Views)
Accepted Solution

CyberLink DVD Suite problem

Hi! This is my first post so please bare with me if my questions sound weird.

Ok, my problem is that i just recently wanted to run my CyberLink Power2Go program but it keeps giving me an error which is:

---------------------------
Error
The file [Language\\P2GRC.dll] is missing.

Please reinstall application.
OK

The CyberLink Power2Go is part of the DVD Suite program, however, it is only the Power2Go that doesn't work. And, since this program has been pre-installed since I bought my laptop, I have no way of reinstalling the program.

Right now, I have already contacted the Cyberlink Product Support and they told me to contact HP to a copy of the DVD Suite from them to uninstall the whole thing and reinstalling it. Well, my next move is to contact HP by email and it has been 4 days and no reply...so, what do I do now? Can someone please help me??

Details:

Operating System - Windows Vista 32-bit (Service Pack 2)

Laptop model - HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC

Program - Cyberlink DVD Suite (Version 5.5)

- Cyberlink Power2Go (Version 5.6)

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If there is anymore information that I need to put in, please let me know.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 13 (6,662 Views)

Re: CyberLink DVD Suite problem

Try reinstalling the application by using the HP Recovery Manager.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
rina_yukina
Message 3 of 13 (6,643 Views)

Oh! Thank you very much for replying!!

I tried it and it works!! Thank you very much!!

I didn't even know I had that program..:smileyhappy:

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 4 of 13 (6,630 Views)

[ Edited ]

Be sure to try the update process for Cyberlink.  There should be updates available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
rina_yukina
Message 5 of 13 (6,585 Views)

Ok, I will!! Thanks again~

Student
lamoon
Message 6 of 13 (6,122 Views)

Hi. I am in a simlar situation with one difference: I have rescue DVDs but not the recovery partition. How can I re-install the CyberLink software on my a6750t? I tried booting with the DVD but did not see the option to install specific programs in recovery manager. Finally, I found the install package on the rescue DVD for power2go but the setup quit with message about "authorized computers only". My main need right now is to enable playing Blu-ray movies on the Blu-ray drive that came with the computer.. I appreciate any help from anyone.

Thanks.

Honor Student
tgrfn2
Message 7 of 13 (4,534 Views)

I have a similar problem. I am running Win7 home premium on a HP Pavilion p6203w. The cyberlink software is missing the {Language\\P2GRC.dll}. When I tried to re-install using the recovery manager I got the message'[ Cyberlink.....found on your computer. Must be uninstalled before installation can continue. Do you want to uninstall cyberlinkdvdsuite delux?]' When I click yes it pops up again and again 15 times I took yes. When I finally took no the 15 instances of the uninstall started closing one by one. I tried uninstalling from control panel. I had the same results.

I tried looking at the recovery discs I burned when the PC was new. The cycberlink file on disc 1 of 3 is missing many files.

I cannot uninstall cyberlink and I can't re-install it.

Honor Student
Stoic_by_design
Message 8 of 13 (822 Views)

I am having a problem uninstalling Cyberlink Power2Go so I can use the update specifically for HP users. I go around in circles as if caught in an infinite loop. What approach do you use when you keep getting the same pop-up box that says that Power2go is already on system and do you want to uninstall it first.

There was a post regarding the use of the Recovery Manager and I did create the one time recovery DVDs using the "built-in" HP functionality. Could some-one either elaborate or point to a creditable and trustworthy link so I could utilize the approach suggested above (unless it may be more of a Windows system administrator sort of question).

Professor
npw05001
Message 9 of 13 (817 Views)

Hello Stoic_by_design,

I see that you are having a problem with the Cyberlink Power2Go program. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with your issue.

Here is a link to a software removal program. I would suggest downloading and using this program to remove the power2go program. This software removal program will also remove entries in the registry from power2go which may be recognized by the update you are trying to run which is causing the error message.

After you remove the program try the download again to see if the error message still occurs.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
Stoic_by_design
Message 10 of 13 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks npw05001. That was a great program and it was intuitive enough so that I recklessly didn't even read the user manual. What really gave me the most peace of mind when using it was that it set a restore point first. Unfortunately, the update for HP users of Cyberlink Power2Go 6.1 whatever I have was a Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatible program. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I was glad that the folder for the original Power2Go was still in the Recycle bin so I could restore it. Phew!

Nevertheless, I am now prepared if I encounter a program that I can't get it uninstalled via the Control Panel. Thanks again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation