Question

Honor Student
aleksis96
Message 1 of 4 (3,758 Views)

CyberLink Recovery Manager

Hi i own HP Pavilion dv6 2050 :smileywink: and i used original operating system about month and i made recovery disks(3) then i installed new operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit like original was.. i got lot-off hp things back from SwSetup and i downloaded all drivers from hp page but i didnt get my CyberLink Recovery Manager back :smileysad: where i can find it? I want it back because i want use my recovery disks. and i want to get it back original as far i can!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (3,708 Views)

Re: CyberLink Recovery Manager

Hi,

If you have used a retail copy of Windows 7 to install the operating system, you will not have ( or need ) Cyberlink Recovery Manager, this is only included with the OEM version you would have had installed when you bought the notebook.  The recovery discs you created will work perfectly without this application - if you use your recovery discs to reinstall the OS, you will get both the Recovery Partition and Cyberlink Recovery Manager back.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
aleksis96
Message 3 of 4 (3,699 Views)

[ Edited ]

i had OEM. after i bought it install OEM automatically when i start it first time.. now im trying get it back to original state

disks is created with Recovery Manager

Top Student
Marazan
Message 4 of 4 (1,514 Views)

Not quite sure if I'm writing in the right place. Anyway, my windows update stopped working on the 18th May. I have since tried every fix I have found on the MS Forum without success including all the MS Fixits.. Error codes 80072F78 and 80072EE2. My question is that I noticed a file on my Cyberlink Recovery Manager called Essential Updates for Windows 7. Would this fix the problem. If so, what do I have to delete before reinstalling this? Any help would be gratefully received as it's driving me mad.

Regards

Marazan (Paul)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation