CyberLink Youcam not working with skype? (6865 Views)
Student
beki15
Message 1 of 6 (6,865 Views)

CyberLink Youcam not working with skype?

I have recently purchased a new laptop (sleekbook) with windows 8 and CyberLink Youcam built in but when i use skype it doesn't seem to want to work. If it isn't opened then the video will come up on skype but if i open the CyberLink programme to use the effects etc then the video won't work and CyberLink says warning?? Help please? It is very frustrating.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 6 (6,830 Views)

Re: CyberLink Youcam not working with skype?

Hello,

I see that you're having an issue with the webcam. Now, if you can't seem to find the webcam listed in the device manager it could be that the webcam may have become unplugged internally and requires service. It could be a faulty webcam module which is not been recognized. I suspect you might have to send the Notebook in for a warranty repair to get it fixed .Now, if that's the case after following the steps below you will need to call HP@8004746836 and see what options they have to replace or repair the notebook. Since you're in warranty HP should be able to assist you with no issues. 

Please follow this document which will guide you through a couple of steps on how to resolve this issue you're having. 

The document should look something like this:

First, try this step that's circled. 

Capture.PNG

If the first steps doesn't seem to resolve the issue go ahead and follow the next step below. 

The first section "Video does not appear in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.)" will guide you through a couple of trouble shooting steps to get the webcam to work within these programs.

If the first step doesn't resolve the issue please go to step #3 "Reinstalling the original webcam program that came with your computer”. This section will guide you through recovering the webcam software and drivers. This is the most important step in the document if nothing before this resolves the issue. 

If neither of these steps resolved the issue please go to the second step that's circled "Webcam not listed in device manager." 

This will determine if you're having a hardware software issue. 

Please let me know the outcome.

THX

Student
priyabaranwal
Message 3 of 6 (6,164 Views)

My you cam is not working either....my webcam is fine as it shows my video very clearly..the other side can also hear me..but they can't see me........i have checked everything from device managers to settings in youcam..it just doesn't seem to work........also, the skype has stopped detecting my HP webcam. I have windows vista in my laptop. Don't know what to do.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 4 of 6 (6,134 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Priyabarnawal,

I understand you state your webcam shows the picture of you but the person you are try to see is unable to see you on their end, is that correct?  I will be happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure where to locate this information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Honor Student
nick906
Message 5 of 6 (5,149 Views)

hello i have an HP pavilion g6 2016 tx which has windows 7(HB) preinstalled. it was working fine till now but since a few days the cyberlink youcam fails to start. i can see the video of other person but he cant while the sound is clear. when i try to start it manually it shows a message which goes something like this:-

(first their is path to "Cyberlink YouCam.Ink" file )

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details."

Please help me this problem ASAP.

thnx.

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 6 of 6 (5,093 Views)

Hello nick906,

I understand that you are having a problem with cyber link you cam.

Go into control panel and uninstall cyber link youcam.

Here is a link that will show you how to uninstall the program.

Here is a link to reinstall the program.

Let me know how everything goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation