Question

Honor Student
ken04
Message 1 of 5 (1,256 Views)

Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 - Which version to install?

The HP updates area of HP Support Assistant is recommending to download and install
Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 version 10.0.6.4319 of 09/2012, but my system already has the
software that is two versions newer than this.  The software on my computer is
version 10.0.7.4702 of 01/2013. Why is the HP Support Assistant recommending to
install older software than that which is already in use?

My computer is HP ENVY dv6 7229WM running Windows 8 - 64 bit.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 5 (1,239 Views)

Re: Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 - Which version to install?

Hello ken04.  I understand HP Support Assistant is offering you old updates.

Do you have the latest version installed currently?  I suggest uninstalling your current version and reinstalling this version.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
ken04
Message 3 of 5 (1,229 Views)

Thank you for your reply. 

I believe I have the latest version of HP Support Assistant already on my computer.

I have version 7.0.39.15 with configuration version 7.0.3026.1709.  I did not uninstall it and reinstall it because I think I would lose my update history.  I ran the check for latest version in the "About" area of the HP Support Assistant and it said that I had the latest version. I simply clicked the "X" to hide or delete the recommendation to install the older version of Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.

Student
Thorswoman
Message 4 of 5 (933 Views)

there is no download when I click on the link.  My dvd came bundled with laptop.  it updated then quit working.  its gone. I cannot find it, start it, or use it.  cyberlink says I need a download link from HP.  Can someone please help me with a download link for cyberlink dvd 10  I still have the rest of the suite. just the dvd is gone.  I have windows 8 on my HP  I dont see a model number or anything on the bottom and obviously if i take out the battery I wont be able to type this.  

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 5 of 5 (909 Views)

Hi Thorswoman,

I understand you are not sure of which version of Cyberlink to install on your computer.

If follow this link it will guide you to your model number and the correct version of software for your computer.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation