DOS Drivers for DVD (1053 Views)
Student
GaryG
Message 1 of 5 (1,053 Views)

DOS Drivers for DVD

hi 

I have a Elitebook 6930p and need to create a DVD boot disk to run a ghost recovery process.

I can boot from the DVD (created a standard win98 boot disk) but my current OAKxxxx does not ecognise the DVD drive in DOS

any pointers to a driver is appreciated

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 5 (1,032 Views)

Don't they come with recovery partition and you can make recovery discs from?

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
mikislate
Message 3 of 5 (820 Views)

Re: DOS Drivers for DVD

GaryG, are you still out there? And did you ever have any luck finding a DOS driver for your DVD Drive?

Honor Student
iterniaga
Message 4 of 5 (747 Views)

Re: Don't they come with recovery partition and you can make recovery discs from?

i got the same problem with garyG. did hp have driver support in DOS for this model DVDRAM GT20L? Appreciate if someone could help to provide this driver.

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 5 (732 Views)

Re: Don't they come with recovery partition and you can make recovery discs from?

[ Edited ]

I use Macrium, which creates it's own boot cd to run recovery. Have used the free and paid version, free does everything the paid version does except paid version has an extra backup app just for files.

Macrium Reflect HERE

Create an Image   Restore an Image

Paragon gets good reviews too.It has added feature of creating a bootable usb flash which is handy for those with no cd/dvd drive.

Paragon software HERE

Create Image

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation