Question

Student
Dittle68
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

DV6809WM Missing Operating System

I have a Pavilion DV6700 Notebook.  Experienced a hdd failure and unable to recover.  Bought new hard drive, unable to load OS of any variety (XP Pro, Vista or Win 7 Pro).  I do not have a recovery disk unfortunately.  I changed the boot option to CD/DVD, disk spins - light whirls - then stops - will not boot from CD then MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM is on the black screen.  I have attempted the bootable USB as well with the same change of booting to USB, etc.  No bueno.

I have ran the hdd and memory tests.  Both are good.  Just will not BOOT ....  very frustrated

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)

Re: DV6809WM Missing Operating System

Hello @Dittle68 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you had an HDD failure, and after replacing the drive are unable to install Windows or boot to CD.

Try restoring the BIOS: Restoring the BIOS

If you still cannot boot to CD to install Windows it would be best for you to contact HP Phone Support for service options. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation