02-07-2009 11:56 AM - edited 02-08-2009 10:13 AM
I keep getting the following error in the event viewer on my laptop:
The device 'JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller' (PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00\4&3b
This occurs even though I have never put anything into or taken anything out of the SD/MMC slot. The details for the error are:
In addition, the error is always accompanied by the following errors:
The device 'JMB38X xD Host Controller' (PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00\4&3b
The device 'JMB38X MS Host Controller' (PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00\4&3b
The device 'JMB38X SD Host Controller' (PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2381&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00\4&3b
If I had to venture a guess I'd say it looks like the software is looping through a hardware check routine, not finding a card inserted into the xD/SD/MS/MMC slot and printing an error message erroneously. I have Vista home premium 64 bit and the AMD Turion dual core RM72.
Any suggestions that would eliminate the error entry or correct the error (better) would be appreciated.
This question was solved. View Solution.
02-19-2009 02:51 PM
03-02-2009 02:41 PM
Install it and reboot.This should do that.I’m not sure if this option will drain the batteries when not connected to a power core. //Maru
03-03-2009 06:11 AM
06-26-2009 11:23 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)