10-10-2011 09:44 AM
You can change the frequency of these update check as follows.
Open windows Control Panel and open Java. Click the update tab and then click the Advanced button. Click the radio button for 'Monthly' and click Ok. Click Apply and Ok in the previous window.
If you want to stop this process from running when Windows starts ( you can still use the the Java control panel to check for updates manually ), hold down the Windows key and press R. In to the Run Box type msconfig and hit enter. Click the Startup tab and then remove the tick in the box next to 'Java)TM) Platform SE Auto Updater', then click Apply and Ok.
Restart the notebook for the change to take effect.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)