Did my compaq presario cq57 come with bluetooth? and if so, how do i find it? (9312 Views)
Honor Student
prettypugs
Message 1 of 7 (9,312 Views)

Did my compaq presario cq57 come with bluetooth? and if so, how do i find it?

did my compaq presario come with bluetooth installed? if so, how do i find it? if not, how do i get it. i already tried to download one from the internet but when i try to install it it says bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup package. how do i turn it on?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (9,282 Views)

Re: Did my compaq presario cq57 come with bluetooth? and if so, how do i find it?

Hi,

G57 or CQ57 is a series of many models, what is the model of your machine because some machines have and some machine do not have. Your machine may have 1 of the following options:

• Atheros AR9002WB-1NGB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter BT3.0+HS ready)
  • Ralink 5390GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter
  • Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter
  • Realtek 8188GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi Adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
banhien
Message 3 of 7 (6,737 Views)

Re: Did my compaq presario cq57 come with bluetooth? and if so, how do i find it?

Hi,

If you wish to use BT devices you can buy a USB BT dongle such as one of these:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=usb+bluetooth+dongle&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=869&prmd=imvns&source=univ...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
quintenjerling
Message 4 of 7 (6,230 Views)

Hi

I have the Presario CQ57 does it have a blurtooth activation or must i buy a dogle as i baught a Microsoft cordless bluetooth mouse and it did not come with a dogle that plugs into the USB port on the laptop.

Please could someone tell me what to do?

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 7 (6,176 Views)

Hi,

Aa mentioned above, your machine may or may not have BT, please check Device Manager to see under "Network Adapters":

bt_dev.png

or please post FULL model of your machine.

Regards.

BH
Honor Student
Olutunji
Message 6 of 7 (2,330 Views)

my compaq presario cq57 cant connect to any bluetooth enabled device despite having the driver and all its settings checked and enabled.Pls what could be the problem and possible solution?
Intern
Sean2
Message 7 of 7 (815 Views)

Your computer does not have built-in bluetooth. The drivers are for bluetooth dongles. you need to buy a BT dongle.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation