Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have performed all the steps listed. The problem that I still have is as follows. There used to be an upgrade to DigitalPersonna Personal to allow file protection through encryption. This upgrade was $14.95. This upgrade is no longer available as DigitalPersonna stopped Selling and support of DigitalPersonna Personal In April of this year. Is there another software solution available that is compatible with the Validity VFS301 Fingerprint Reader that will allow for file protection??

HP Recommended

@OldDudeDoctorJ

Hi,

Please contact with DigitalPersona. Here you will find all DigitalPersona technical support forms.

You bought this software from them so they should help you with it. The money which you invested in this upgrade influenced their account not HP.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

when i try to install the first file, the drivers, the installer tells me there is an error:the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.this may indicate a problem with this package.the error code is 2738.

Then i tried to exctarct the driver and to add via windows 7 driver updating (update driver on the unknows device icon).It got installed but the program tells always that the biometric device is unplugged 😞

HP Recommended

@jetrian

Hi,

1. Post your part number (p/n) . You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker, which looks like this.

2. Which system are you using?

3. Is it clean install or upgrade?

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

1)WS527EA#ABZ

2)win 7 ultimate 64 bit

3)clean install

HP Recommended

Download and install:

Intel chipset here

Note:

Restart your system after installing this driver. This is important.

Try to install fingerprint driver again.

HP Recommended

i already put that driver...

HP Recommended

Go to:

Control Panel -> Device Manager

Click with right button of your mouse on each yellow sign with exclamation mark ( ) and choose properties. Then go to ' Details ' tab and paste here Hardware Ids . This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

Note:

It's 4 am in my country now. So I will respond again for about 12 hours.

HP Recommended

@kingsrook14

Thank you very much. I think most of the problem with this is that there are a ton of different versions of both drivers and software circulating out there. I had the correct driver installed (the one you had linked) but a different version of Digital Persona which incidentally didn't work until I installed your version. I'm not sure if all the steps you had actually helped or not (but i did follow them to the letter) or if it was just the software version but I'm good now. Thanks again.

To all,

If you are using win 7 64bit and have an issue with your sensor were you can use to log in but nothing else... use Kingrook14's files.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I've read everything I can find to help but no luck so far.

I bought the HP Pavillion DV3 4050ea a few days ago and its amazing, but the fingerprint scanner isnt detected in the windows device manager like it should be. I've tired to install and restart the laptop with just about every driver I can find on the hp website, including the support section for the laptop and this forum. I've also tried every step mentioned in the forums I cant find a solution to the issue. I already tried to make sure its a driver issue and installed and reinstalled both the Digital persona software and the hp simple pass software that came with the laptop one at a time so no conflicts.it seems to definatly be the case as neither of them dectect the reaser itself. I've spoken with tech support and they were quite helpful in showing me how to do a system recovery (which I've tired 3 times) however, it hasn't fixed the problem.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful as i really don't want to send the laptop back for such a basic issue as the fingerprint reader. I've enclosed a screen shot of device manager to show how biometric sensors isnt there.

I've kept the win7 install that came with the laptop (64 Bit)951i81F4A80096D2BEFC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.