Question

Honor Student
miked713
Message 1 of 3 (195 Views)

Downgrade from 8 to 7 help, please!!

Good Afternoon,

I just purchased a Pavilion G6-2231dx.  I immediately downgraded to Windows 7. 

I have downloaded most of the necc. drivers I believe to get this thing working properly, but a few issues still arise and I am not finding any resolution on these.

Problem 1) I need two monitors for work, when I hook up another monitor to the VGA (HDMI is not available on the external monitor), nothing comes up.  I tested the monitor with two other laptops (hp and dell), so I know it works fine.  I hit f4 + fn, and have tried every variation of this.  Nothing is recognizing.  I think I have downloaded all the necc.  AMD video drivers and add. drivers from HP?

Problem 2) The webcam works when I log into google hangout.  But I can't get the software working for it, maybe it isn't Win7 compatible, which is no big deal really.  If it works in Google I'm just fine.

Problem 3) When I go to the device manager, it still shows a yellow exclamation near the ethernet controller.  I tried to let the computer search for drivers, but nothing comes up.  At home and the office I use wireless, I will eventually be moving into a new office which will have physical connections so I'd like to get this working in the future as it will speed up my performance.

Please help me, #1 is my major crisis, and 2/3 I can live without if they can't be fixed.

HP will not help me on the phone because I downgraded my software and I don't feel like paying $50.00 for a service that might not help me on the phone. 

Honor Student
miked713
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: Downgrade from 8 to 7 help, please!!

I should of also noted the reason I downgraded is because I use a program called Encompass 360, presently not supported under W8, although it will work. I didn't want to take the chance so I downgraded. Now when I downgraded I believe I deleted the partition (is that what its called)? My guess is I made a mistake there as I can probably never get that back now right?
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: Downgrade from 8 to 7 help, please!!

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I think I can help...

First, install the AMD chipset driver and reboot.  First download listed.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

Then, all of the W7 x64 drivers from this G7 model, which has the same hardware as yours should work (except the BIOS files--you do not need them, they are not for your PC, and do not use those!).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5275620&...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation