Question

Student
eusoc
Message 1 of 2 (920 Views)

Downgrade windows 8 to windows 7 Notebook HP Pavilion g6-2305sl, need drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a Notebook HP Pavilion g6-2305sl with Windows 8(64-bit) pre-installed. As I wanted to downgrade it to Windows 7(64-bit) I wasn't able to find the drivers, as only Windows 8 drivers al listed.

Can someone help me, please?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (883 Views)

Re: Downgrade windows 8 to windows 7 Notebook HP Pavilion g6-2305sl, need drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi:

The reason there are only W8 drivers on your PC's support and driver page is because HP only supports their consumer PC's for the current Windows operating system in effect at the time of the PCs production, which is now W8.

You can use the applicable W7 x64 drivers and software from this slightly older g6 model which came out before W8 did.

Only use the AMD graphics driver which will install the drivers for both the AMD and Intel graphics.  Never allow any updates to install an updated Intel driver or the switchable graphics will no longer function.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE FILES FROM THIS LINK

Please make your set of W8 recovery disks before installing W7.  Once you install W7, most likely the recovery partition will no longer work.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5278...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation