Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey, 

I think this is the ISO I need (Windows 8.1 Home?) - I downloaded another but its the Pro version and I only have a Home OEM Product Key so now am getting 'Activate Windows' messages but when I try to use my OEM Product Key it doesn't work. 

So I need a Windows 8.1 Home 64bit ISO but am having trouble accessing it using the link given in your post, everytime I try to download I get:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Note: Have tried this several time both yesterday and today and still no luck... Would you know why this is? Or would you be able to point me in the right direction for a Windows 8.1 Home 64bit ISO?

Cheers,

Nikita

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Did your lapotop come with Win 8.1 Pre-installed? If so, then it is a OEM-Win 8.1. 

There is no downloadable Win 8.1 OEM ISO available for reinstallation to an OEM machine with pre-installed Win 8.1 system. You have to use Recovery disc media for re-installation.

The OEM Win 8/8.1 key is embedded in the BIOS chip of your system board cannot activate Retail version ISO downloads.

There are Retail Win 8.1 Pro product keys that you can buy from Microsoft & download from their site or if you've MSDN subscription.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Retail ISO - Download or Create

Regards

Visruth

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.