Question

Top Student
Andrea89
Message 1 of 10 (2,628 Views)

Download photos from Android to laptop.

my newnlaptop (Pavilion dv7-6c95dx) does not recognize my android (Razor Maxx) when i try to download photos from my phone via power cord.

Teacher
Teacher
R98
Message 2 of 10 (2,625 Views)

Re: Download photos from Android to laptop.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I apologise you are having problems uploading photos. Not being familiar with Andriod OS. Is there a specific program to upload the photos to? Like iTunes for iOS.

Top Student
Andrea89
Message 3 of 10 (2,621 Views)

Not sure but probably.  My previous Android allowed me to download to my laptop (my old one which crashed).  I prefer to upload directly to the computer so I can edit them via Photoshop.

Thanks for your reply!

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 10 (2,619 Views)

[ Edited ]

Not sure how the Razr works, but my HTC android pops up a notice when I plug usb cord from phone to pc and asks if I want to simply charge or use it as a disk drive.

With the phone plugged into laptop, double click My Computer icon. Do you see the phone as another drive there?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 10 (2,615 Views)

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/72036/p/30%2C6720%2C8112

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50819

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Andrea89
Message 6 of 10 (2,606 Views)

No. When I plug the phone into the computer, the phone does not show up when I click on" My Computer."

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 7 of 10 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First download and install the driver and software from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
Andrea89
Message 8 of 10 (2,588 Views)

Yup, did that already.  Android still not being recognized by my laptop.  In fact, when I plug the phone into the computer, all that happens is my phone starts charging!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 10 (2,573 Views)

Check the below YouTube video, cause your phone have something similar to this for sure (try to not laugh while watching this video hehe):

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
LarryYork
Message 10 of 10 (1,107 Views)

I think I can help here.  If you use your card.  Look at the top of the Android screen where you will see an icon showing the USB.  Slide your finger down so you see USB connection and press.  Change it to Windows Media Sync. Click OK. If you don't want anything to happen, change it back to Charge Only when you are through.

This may allow IPhoto or Finder to find your photos.  If Not, I've sometimes had to restart the Mac.  Use Import on Iphotos.  Sometimes it will show the Droid when the Finder won't.

You can also follow this guide

How to Transfer Photos from Android to Computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation