Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillon dv1354 EA
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi
I changed from XP to Window 7 os.
How do I update the drivers and wireless controller?
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here are the drivers you need for those devices...

Modem PCI:

This package contains the driver for the Conexant AC97 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP in the listed operating systems.

File name: sp30263.exe

Mass Storage Controller:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1848274&swItemId=ob_70996_1&swEnvOid=2096

Multimedia Controller:

This package contains the Conexant AC-Link Audio driver for the listed operating systems.

File name: sp30262.exe

Video Controller:

Download and run this driver.  You will probably get an unsupported operating system error.  Close out of any error windows.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749​.exe

Go to the device manager, click on the Video Controller device.

Click on the driver tab, click on update driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34749.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then reboot.

Is there not a device labeled Network Controller?  That would be the wireless card.   If not, you may first have to install this software, reboot and then try turning on the wireless card with the software.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3357378&swItemId=ob_76368_1&swEnvOid=4052

Then you should at least see a Network Controller device and can post the hardware ID for that too.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

What drivers do you need other than the wireless card?

Your notebook's graphics cannot run the Aero feature on W7.

Here is a graphics driver that will allow you to change the screen resolution and the graphics should work fine.  Just no Aero.

Download and run this driver.  You will probably get an unsupported operating system error.  Close out of any error windows.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749.exe

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device category.  Click on the standard VGA adapter.

Click on the driver tab, click on update driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then reboot.

I don't know what model wireless card your notebook has, so please do the following steps and I will post the link to the wireless card driver you need...

Go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

For the Audio and card reader, the XP drivers should work.

HP Recommended

Hi
thanks to the rapid response.
I try to get hold of the card data.
But I can not connect to wifi with Window 7
When I try to do the research network the computer can not find my modem. Links only cable.

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You don't need to go online to get the info I need.

Just follow the written instructions I posted to get the info.

The window you are looking for will look something like this...

But you do this for the device labeled Network Controller.

Windows Device Manager device details

HP Recommended
Hi
The devices are driver error in the audio controllers, network ,, mass storage, video and modem pci.
Where can I find these drivers?
The card is Realtek RTL8139 / 810
Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the XP drivers for the audio, mass storage (card reader), and modem.

I already gave you the info on how to install the video driver.

I will not be able to help you get the driver for the wireless card unless you follow the instructions I posted for finding the hardware ID for the device.

HP Recommended

Hi

here are the screens of the drivers that are missing:

Modem PCI

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_3080103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&CC_070300
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&CC_0703

Video Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&SUBSYS_3080103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&CC_038000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&CC_0380

Mass Storage Controller

PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_3080103C
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&CC_018000
PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&CC_0180

Multimedia Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_3080103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here are the drivers you need for those devices...

Modem PCI:

This package contains the driver for the Conexant AC97 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP in the listed operating systems.

File name: sp30263.exe

Mass Storage Controller:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1848274&swItemId=ob_70996_1&swEnvOid=2096

Multimedia Controller:

This package contains the Conexant AC-Link Audio driver for the listed operating systems.

File name: sp30262.exe

Video Controller:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34749​.exe

Go to the device manager, click on the Video Controller device.

Is there not a device labeled Network Controller?  That would be the wireless card.   If not, you may first have to install this software, reboot and then try turning on the wireless card with the software.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3357378&swItemId=ob_76368_1&swEnvOid=4052

Then you should at least see a Network Controller device and can post the hardware ID for that too.

HP Recommended

Problem solved thanks very much
Remained the only printer that is not recognized
It is a Hp deskjet 3650

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are no standalone drivers for a printer that old.

They should be included in Windows 7.

Please follow the instructions at the link below for how to install your printer when running W7:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.