05-26-2013 08:35 PM
Why there aren't drivers for Windows 7 for this product? I've purchased this product and install Win 7 Pro SP1... Now this laptop couldn't even connected to my office LAN... Please provide the driver ASAP !
05-26-2013 08:40 PM
If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B1
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
05-27-2013 08:13 AM - edited 05-27-2013 08:20 AM
To answer your question as to why there are no W7 drivers for your notebook...
HP only supports their consumer model PC's for the current windows operating system in effect at the time of production, which currently is W8.
Customers needing support for other Windows operating systems need to purchase a business notebook or desktop.
In order to find W7 drivers for your notebook, you need to find other models with the same hardware that have W7 drivers.
Based on the hardware ID's you posted, below are the links to the W7 x64 drivers you need.
05-27-2013 10:09 PM
It's solved... I simply goes to Realtek website and downloaded the LAN driver. That's the most important I guess... Soon as this laptop connected to net, I've simply activated my Windows and let it automaticly updated my laptop... it worked. For HP guys, dont forget that not every of your customer would go to newest OS... this problem will be a minus point for HP, I think...
For Vidya and Paul, Thanx for your help guys...
08-30-2013 09:08 PM - edited 08-30-2013 09:22 PM
thanks, those links are very helpfull
and I have to install HD Graphics from Intel website :
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)