Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK I got it to work!  

After seaching for that weird error I found a solution.  I needed to navigate to the where the .inf driver file is and inside was another folder that contained a .sys file.  The trick was to move the .sys file up one directory to the same folder as the .inf file.  Then the Device manager installed it sucessfully.

Thank you so much for your help, you are awesome!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got it to work and thanks for letting us know what you did.

If someone else has the same problem, I will be able to let them know what to do.

HP Recommended

NAP_CHL_IT,

Could you please please please specify exactly what you did for that work around?  I am exactly to the point of that weird error, I just can't figure out which file  needs to be moved.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

-Patrick

HP Recommended

Ok, lets see if I can describe this.

I'm assuming you downloaded the amd chipset drivers here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

which when run unpacks some folders

So start at

C:\AMD\Support\13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\USB30\amdxhc\W764A

inside there are 3 files and a folder called 'x64'

in 'x64' there is a single file called 'amdxhc.sys'

move  'amdxhc.sys' up one directory along with the other 3 files

then use the Device Manager to update driver and browse all the way down to where the now 4 files are and hopefully this should work

Then repeat from the beginning except start at 

C:\AMD\Support\13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\USB30\amdhub\W764A

Please post back if you can get it to work

HP Recommended

It worked!! 

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  You really helped me out here big time!

-Patrick

HP Recommended
for some reason AMD would not allow me to download any drivers.. I downloaded the utility and it stated I had no qualified products.. guess my laptop is too new for Win7 ...

I had to install the latest BETA driver for graphics..
unpacked w/7Zip and the USB 3.0 drivers were missing.

I had to download from here:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?javax.portlet.begCac...
HP Recommended

Hi AnonID,

Looks like the download page changed and they are doing this verification tool thing.  So just start off with doing a google search for "13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe", and you should be able to find a working link that doesn't look too shady.  If you can't find a good one, post back and I'll dm you a download for it.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

This worked for me as well! Thank you for your time and support. It is much appreciated.

My system is a 17-e016dx

HP Recommended

hello please help me to find a driver to this pilote thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there. I have the same error message for my  HP Pavilion 15-n228us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) ; I did not like the windows 8  it came with and changed it to windows 7 but since then, my mouse has been erratic and it tends to freeze when you try to use it again after it's been sleeping for a period of time; I get the same error message saying that there is an unknown device  and it's  looking for this hpq6007; it says the device driver is not installed for this device; please help. Thanks.                                                        

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.