Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17t J5R51AV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I am looking for a Driver for Qualcomm Atheros Model QCWB335 for Windows 7(64). (802.11 b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x])

I tried the HP support system discovery and recommended driver report, it reads incorrect hardware and product. 

I tried this soulution hoping for backwards compatibility, but it did not work. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Driver-for-Qualcomm-Atheros-model-QCW...

My notebook is an HP Pavilion 17t (f000?)  P/N: J5R51AV

I upgraded the BIOS to F.34

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Installed drivers sp67265, sp68433, sp67625, and failed to install the sp66402. 

Ethernet connection works, WLAN and Bluetooth do not.

The WLAN and bluetooth worked fine with Linux Ubuntu 14.04

History of the laptop

On Feb 5th, 2015 ordered from factory:

HP Pavilion 17t Windows 7 Professional P/N: J8H36AV with 802.11 b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x]

Received:

HP Pavilion 17t Windows 7 Professional P/N: J5R51AV with 802.11 b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x]

Worked great out of the box. Tried to install Ubuntu as a dualboot, and discovered I would need to tweak the Ubuntu install to work with the 4 partitions HP had already set up on the hard disk. Instead, I backed up Windows with the Windows backup, created a bootable recovery disk on to a USB via HP recovery wizard. The HP recovery wizard said the USB recovery disk was a success.

I reformatted the hard drive usint Active@ killdisk and installed Linux Ubuntu 14.04 successfully. Everything on the laptop worked, including the WLAN and Bluetooth. Backed up Ubuntu using the Ubuntu backup utility, and also created a clone of the hardrive using Clonezilla live 2.3.2.

Attempted to boot from HP Recovery disk on USB and it failed. Tried again, failed. Contacted HP, they graciously sent out recovery disks for free. Only they sent recovery disks for Windows 8.1, so I contacted HP again and they graciously sent recovery disks for Windows 7.

Recovery disks would work almost all the way through the Windows installation, giving 3 errors and allowing an install log to be copied. The errors were "chkErrBB.CMD Detect some error during PININST_BBV.", "check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootWarn.log.", and "check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootMerg.log." Scanning the hardrive showed that the 4 partitions HP factory installs were installed, but the Windows folders were shell folders.

HP support had contacted me and suggested I send the laptop in and pay them to install the restore, and I instead purchased Windows 7 Ultimate for a clean install. 

Using HP support driver tools, it reports the wrong notebook and suggest drivers for a WLAN radio that I do not have installed on the motherboard. 

I updated the BIOS to F.34 and that did not help. 

I don't know how to extract the driver from the HP driver and utilities recovery disk HP sent me, it is in a file format I do not know how to manipulate.

I can connect to the internet using the ethernet cable, just not the WLAN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Worked immeadiately. Is there a library of all of HP's drivers or a way to search for drivers independent of HP's drivers and downloads "Detect my product"? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Not that I know of.

I just know what drivers are needed from experimentation.

The best place to search for drivers is the business support site.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same problem here, but when I try to download the driver the link send me to a site where there is nothing. Have they removed that controller from their database?

Thx!

HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP business support site has been out since Saturday (maybe due to the split of HP into 2 companies on August 1st?).

In any event, most of the business PC drivers and software are missing from the support pages.

The last time this happened a couple of months ago, the pages were not working for several days.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to keep clicking on those links every day until the driver is restored.

HP Recommended

I may have done some progress.

I have installed the: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 driver. But when it gets to te cheking updates in Windows update part, It stopped, because my Windows Update it's broken, so I cancel that part.

After restarting my pc, I saw that my wirless was on and I tried to install the Bluetooth driver: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Bluetooth 4.0+HS. But it shows the following message: 

the device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system bluetooth.

According to my devices administrator, my network card is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565, despite I have a QCWB335 card.

Do you know what could be going wrong?

HP Recommended

You probably need some different version of the BT driver.

This is the one that usually works for most of the newer atheros cards on W7...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_126765_1

HP Recommended

That's the one that I actually installed

HP Recommended

Sorry that one didn't work for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.