Question

Tutor
YaSH069
Message 1 of 66 (114,064 Views)
Accepted Solution

Drivers for windows 8.1

I upgraded to windows 8.1 from store on my HP Envy DV6 7206tx and now, i am have problem with drivers for video and wireless cards. Both of them are not detected... checked in the windows device manager in video drivers Intel HD 4000 is detected and dedicated Nvidia card is not detected, it say "Microsofts Basic Display Adapter" instead.

I just installed RaLink's Drivers from HP site got my wireless card working yet with problems like frequent disconnects and slow speed. When are the update from HP for all drivers expected for windows 8.1 ?

Honor Student
removals24
Message 2 of 66 (114,048 Views)

Re: Drivers for windows 8.1

It seems that you need to install again the application that lost if have media copy of that.

Tutor
YaSH069
Message 3 of 66 (114,022 Views)

Can't install due to improper driver for intel card since it has switchable technology... so will need intel HD graphics from HP for windows 8.1 that support switchable graphic

Tutor
YaSH069
Message 4 of 66 (113,938 Views)

I solved the problem, now its working as it should except for the wireless button (F12) but thats not a major problem for me. I used HP Recovery Manager to re-install all the drivers and softwares and Tada! its working back now :smileyhappy:

Student
suryaenvy
Message 5 of 66 (111,711 Views)

I am using 

Product name: HP ENVY 4 Notebook PC (HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1003tx)

yesterday i upgraded windows 8 to windows 8.1

Drivers are not working. I tried to download but windows 8.1 operating system is not there in the drop down list to select.

So by when could i expect the drivers for windows 8.1

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 6 of 66 (111,506 Views)

Hi suryaenvy,

I see you are having a problem with your drivers. Reinstall the Windows 8 drivers for the time being. They should be compatible with Windows 8.1.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Shankameswaran
Message 7 of 66 (110,761 Views)

[ Edited ]

i updated my product ( Pavilion 15-e039tx ) to Windows 8.1 via store and now i am having problems with my bluetooth. i tried updating my bluetooth driver using Hp Support Assistant ( Mediatek bluetooth sotware driver for windows 8.1 ) . the installation was completed but still by bluetooth is not working .

and above all , the bluetooth option from pc settings has vanished !! . literally !! there is no more bluetooth option in my pc setings , system tray and even in my device manager . 

i tried hp recovery manager to bring back the original driver of windows 8 ( Ralink bluetooth driver ) . after it i was able to send files from the system to my phone but was unable to receive any files from mobile ( my mobile bluetooth works fine )  . i tried troubleshooting , visited hp support site , tried restarting after the installation etc etc.... but of no use .

can someone pls give a working solution ??? that will be very much useful to me . 

Thank you

Tutor
saptarishi
Message 8 of 66 (110,664 Views)

Hi,

I have updated my HP envy 6 1002tx from win 8 to win 8.1. All the drivers seem to be working fine except the one for graphics card.

The integrated intel card seems to be working fine, but the dedicated AMD does not seem to function properly.

The system is able to detect the AMD card, but the switchable graphics is not working. Whenever I try to configure switchable graphics, I get a popup saying "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center".

I have re-installed the drivers provided by HP several times without any luck.

Really need to sort it out as graphics card was one of the reasons for buying this laptop :smileysad: :smileysad:

Thanks and regards,
Saptarishi
Top Student
Shankameswaran
Message 9 of 66 (110,129 Views)

Try using Device manager to update the driver . or u can visit the AMD site to download the appropriate driver
Honor Student
bigt0001
Message 10 of 66 (108,607 Views)

Computer: HP 2000 - BF69WM. Trying to get IE 11 on the desktop to work after update from W8 to W8.1. Works from the Start screen but not from the desktop. Have used HP Restore to replace all the drivers but to no avail. This is critical to me because I use IE for research and every time I click on a link in my email it tries to open the desktop version and all I get is the IE window, the address bar and the favorites bar. The rest of the screen remains a white blank.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation